Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Its the official opening of the stand before the match on Sunday too so there will be "dignitaries" and the like there which probably wouldnt have been there otherwise. I'm sure that will take up a good chunk of stand seats.
Really looking forward to the match but at this stage its too difficult to make any sort of judgement on how it will go untill we see how many of the injured Derry players are actually available.
How are Monaghan fixed for injuries?
I can see this being a fairly low scoring game with a goal for either side quite possibly winning it.

Captain Black

looks like derry are up the creek with injuries if cassidy pulls this one out of the bag it will be  a great acheivment. heres my team for sunday

gillis

okane - on hanratty but if monaghan play 2 inside this is the man to go out the field or sweep
mccloy
mcguckin - on freeman

cartin
b mcgoldrick - will be needed to kick frees from the left side with lynch injured
sl mcgoldrick

doc
diver - the man needs to be focused and shooting needs to be banned!!

lynn
mullan - these two up and down the wings mcguigan can switch with mullan after a time keep this role high octane

barry mcguigan - holding hf role, with kielt to come in here for mullan/mcguigan depending on how open the game looks
murphy - in for breaking ball

paddy bradley
skinner - needs to be careful hes not drwan into any shit with that mone hoor

also this talk about kielt at midfield is absurd! cant win a tight ball cant tackle wont track back would be at sea! young fella has an outrageous left peg and great vision if hes to be played needs to be near the posts!out the fields no good for him no good for the the team!

ball needs moved quick and wing backs need to be driving up the pitch every oppurtunity, if the shots on take it! we can take midfield need to get dominance down the flanks!

Doire abu!

Schkite

Quote from: Captain Black on May 19, 2009, 01:50:18 PM

skinner - needs to be careful hes not drwan into any shit with that mone hoor

:D Dessie sure pisses people off! He'll not even be on him I wouldn't say. I'd imagine Vinny may be on Eoin Bradley given Dessie's record on Paddy, but sure you don't know what way it'll pan out.

Quote from: Captain Black on May 19, 2009, 01:50:18 PM

okane - on hanratty but if monaghan play 2 inside this is the man to go out the field or sweep

Hanratty might come on as a sub, I don't think he'll start given his form but again Banty may see this as a good game for him, who knows.

the green man

Hanratty seems to be a bit of an enigma. Anytime I've seen him play its all c**k and no spunk.

mrsandman

Quote from: the green man on May 19, 2009, 02:42:51 PM
Hanratty seems to be a bit of an enigma. Anytime I've seen him play its all c**k and no spunk.

Id describe him as the way Diego Forlan used to play, scores the odd outrageous goal/point against the big teams and flops for the rest, Possibly a transfer to Spain would bring out the best.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Schkite

Quote from: the green man on May 19, 2009, 02:42:51 PM

He's got potential but that's worth nothing if he can't build on it. He's got great speed but most of the time now he overplays the ball while going past a defender and a free out is given, teams know just how to deal with it. He still hasn't lived up to his performance against Down in '07 where he scored 2-2 and was across all the papers in the country afterwards, even now some people base their opinion of him on that game.

tbrick18

Personally I think Hanratty thinks he is better than he is. I think he could be a really good player if he didnt try to win so many headlines for himself and concentrate more on the team effort. This is why I think he hasnt been starting for the Monaghan TEAM...he plays as an individual and not as part of the team....something us Derry folk know a bit about.  He's still quite young isnt he? Probably another year or two and you'd see the best of him then.

thebandit

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 19, 2009, 04:21:12 PM
Personally I think Hanratty thinks he is better than he is. I think he could be a really good player if he didnt try to win so many headlines for himself and concentrate more on the team effort. This is why I think he hasnt been starting for the Monaghan TEAM...he plays as an individual and not as part of the team....something us Derry folk know a bit about.  He's still quite young isnt he? Probably another year or two and you'd see the best of him then.

While it might look a bit like that on the pitch, his nature wouldn't be like that at all... he'll come good.

GrandMasterFlash

Please god! He has pace/energy to burn if it could be channeled.. Downey's a bette option in the corner for the team.

Main Street

You have a point there Brick, though what he thinks about his own talents is an unknown.
He has his strengths and tries to play to them, a tough pacey fearless, a wee annoying fecker wiring his way around the defender in no space, either getting through or winning a free. In the leagues games this year that were on tv, he rarely made any progress and got lost up a few blind alleys. A good defender will brush him off easy enough.
He is limited, he could learn a few more common skills, like passing the ball.

Maguire01

Hanratty's far from the finished article, but he's still a very useful option. He hasn't been scoring much recently, but he does manage to win frees off defenders - when you have Freeman and Finlay to pop them over, that's as good as a score.

Logan

I think Hanratty has been playing terrible for his club too

ExiledGael

The only fouls Hanratty will be involved in are when he fouls the ball, repeatedly.

tbrick18

The Derry team is due to be named tonight at a Club Derry function...so perhaps we will have some idea of how bad the injuries are in the morning.

Logan

Quote from: thebandit on May 19, 2009, 04:41:52 PM

While it might look a bit like that on the pitch, his nature wouldn't be like that at all... he'll come good.
The problem for Monaghan is he's running out of time for the 24th