Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 11:48:07 AM
Quote from: JMohan on May 07, 2009, 11:41:20 AM
Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 10:55:58 AM
I see Banty is ruling the roast again this year, taking games scheduled for this weekend forward to last night and leaving no more league matches before the Derry game. Star matches just till then. Club games midweek for players doing exams and tarvelling from round country to suit the manager of the county team. I'm all for preparation but most counties have played Championship games at this stage and tough, competitive club games are as good as preparation as you can get. Its good enough for most counties including Derry.

Was at Blayney V Clontibret last night and it was poor stuff. JP, McManus, McGuigan and M Corey among those missing for Clontibret but they still dominated with Anthony Rooney as good as anyone on pitch. Banty in crowd as well. Finished 0-6 a piece.

Did that Rooney guy walk off the Monaghan panel one year? Then again not hard to shine if there were no county men on show.
Dessie Moen playing?
The Monaghan County Board love Banty anyway by all accounts

Dessie, Vinny Corey playing for Clont and all players County men playing - strimmer in midfield against Rooney.

Rooney walked/pushed last year early on after an incident in training. Think he can throw towel in at any stage, as he didn't play too much last year with Clontibret either.

Who were they playing?
Did they win?
Strimmer??
I watched hm play in Clones I think one year and thought he was good
What about that Conlon lad?

thebandit

Strimmer is Dermot McArdle

James Conlon is gone off the panel.

JMohan

bingobus

Schkite

Didn't get to the game last night bingobus but it sounded like dour stuff alright, the scoreline alone would suggest a brutal game.

Anthony's a funny fella alright, he can just take a notion and stop playing, but when he plays he can be just brilliant. He'd only returned from America in the winter of 2007 and he was put on the county panel straight away, I've a notion he wasn't too bothered tbh, and he's definately not one of these lads who have football as their life. When he left the county he went into the club training, but by the start of the league he was in the crowd. I'd say he came back this year as Brennan is in charge again, a few players have returned in fact.

southderryman

derry folk infighting and monaghan men discussing club football.....maybe we sould have a thread for the match itself?  ;D

JMohan

It's a change from the other way round!  ;D

Main Street

More like Monaghan men, united in purpose, discussing pertinent football issues, related to the serious matter of the County preparations for the Championship game.

southderryman

southderryman

Quote from: Main Street on May 07, 2009, 07:14:00 PM
More like Monaghan men, united in purpose, discussing pertinent football issues, related to the serious matter of the County preparations for the Championship game.

no humor allowed here?  :'(

Main Street

southderryman

Quote from: Main Street on May 07, 2009, 11:24:46 PM
No mercy and no prisoners.

as long as the same can be said of derry come may 24th then i'll be happy enough

Main Street

Apparently, that is the question.