Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 05, 2009, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: Captain Black on May 05, 2009, 12:03:08 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 04, 2009, 10:34:40 PM
Quote from: Captain Black on May 04, 2009, 08:58:30 PM
On behalf of the Derry folk id like to apologise for oakleafer93 who has a lethal combination of being both self righteous and thick  ;)

Shut up you idiot.

jog on to the hoganstand would ye. you talk a brave amount of dung. hope lavey draw slaughtneil and get stuffed with mckaigue playing a blinder after having a know it all like you run him down

Here I have nothing against Mc Kaigue I do think he's a decent enough player but just that decent I don't think he's exceptional. Anyway, it appears you can't have an opinion on here without getting mauled for it.

Oakleafer forget about Mr Captain...I'm perfect with a superior attitude...Black. His contribution to this Board is to question why anyone who should have an opinion on anything to do with the GAA. A pompous tool :D

timmyot501

I think Owen Lennon may have broken his nose against the dubs yesterday in Corduff.  I thought that he was just replaced because he was poor but I read today that it was due to an injury.  JP Mone also got some sort of a leg injury.  He was carried off in the 2nd half and it didn't look too good.  On the plus Hannratty looked quite dangerous and did score a good goal and won a penalty. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on May 04, 2009, 09:51:41 PM
I suspect that Banty will look at all angles to lift the Monaghan team up to Derry Size.
'rough' players dont need to be skyscrapers of men to be effective - kieran mc keever, fergus caulfield, johnny mc gurk,nudie, moen, d freeman from monaghan and Derry alone spring to mind then you have the likes of Colm coyle, both canavans who also were not too big in height but bate the bejaysus outta much bigger lads...think some folks are thinking that big men are naturally the aggressors - when usually thats not the case...
derry may be taller, but monaghan have a lot of 'rough' players in their squad.

cameltohill

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 05, 2009, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: Captain Black on May 05, 2009, 12:03:08 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 04, 2009, 10:34:40 PM
Quote from: Captain Black on May 04, 2009, 08:58:30 PM
On behalf of the Derry folk id like to apologise for oakleafer93 who has a lethal combination of being both self righteous and thick  ;)

Shut up you idiot.

jog on to the hoganstand would ye. you talk a brave amount of dung. hope lavey draw slaughtneil and get stuffed with mckaigue playing a blinder after having a know it all like you run him down

you are the same cuddy that is always on hoganstand that is for sure.
anyway get the house on derry -4 against monaghan. heard till it here first.

Here I have nothing against Mc Kaigue I do think he's a decent enough player but just that decent I don't think he's exceptional. Anyway, it appears you can't have an opinion on here without getting mauled for it.

Oakleafer93

cameltohil, I'm not on HoganStand I read it but don't post on it.

cameltohill

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 05, 2009, 03:11:33 PM
cameltohil, I'm not on HoganStand I read it but don't post on it.

sure oakleaf93, and lavey will lift the john mclaughlin this year  ;)

Main Street

Infighting and discontent in the Derry camp.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on May 06, 2009, 12:53:25 PM
sure we havent a hope now !

GrandMasterFlash

Any word on JP and Lennon's injuries? Don't think Lennon's too bad but JP could be more serious. He'd be a big miss!

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 06, 2009, 01:18:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 06, 2009, 12:53:25 PM
sure we havent a hope now !

Max has already been spotted walking through the streets of Derry with a placard,

The End is Nigh
The Monaghan men are coming!

Oakleafer1993

Rick O Shea

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 06, 2009, 03:06:48 PM
any word on lockhart?

It's in todays Irish News... they reckon he'll b back doing full training the week before the monaghan game - don't hink he'll start though.

Oakleafer1993

i would reckon he will start - unless he declares himself unfit.

JMohan

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 06, 2009, 02:15:01 PM
Any word on JP and Lennon's injuries? Don't think Lennon's too bad but JP could be more serious. He'd be a big miss!

Lennon will be fine physically, but apparently he's in trouble 'mentally' from not having got enough match time and tough training.
JP will be a rush as far as I know.
Dessies form is a concern

JMohan

Quote from: Overthebar! on May 02, 2009, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: Logan on May 02, 2009, 09:57:04 PM
Haha ... watched the rugby - feck all else on!
Just reading mostly - trying to learn a bit more about strength for football too so that's why I was so interested in the article about the Bradleys and Fergus Connolly

anyone i have spoke to seems to speak highly of him, you seen this?

http://www.hoganstand.com/Forum/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=13622

he doesnt seem to be in the media spotlight much else mind

Yeh it's very hard to find out much about him as he doesn't seem to do interviews and avoids the media like you said.
I remember I asked some of the Derry players last Christmas about him- they spoke very highly of him and said he was the best they'd met. They said he was an expert in every area - nutrition, strength and speed etc.

I've also heard some miracle stories too - like how I know he can fix hamstring injuries very fast - one guy last year coming up to an All Ireland semi final or final was supposed to be out for 6 weeks and he had him back playing better than ever in half the time, fixing dislocated shoulders without operations etc. I've also heard it said (though I don't know how true it is), that he advises a number of GAA coaches and some of the top players.

Looks like SML or JPM could do with someone like him now.