National League Final - Kerry v Derry

Started by Kerry Mike, April 20, 2009, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doire Peadar

Doire should hopefully take it by 2-3 points, but if it goes either way I cant see DC been to worried, I will be more interested in getting a look at the Monaghan outfit. Most importantly it will give the lads out in croker a chance to get a feel for the place.

KingLarsson

coz we cant put the ball in the onion bag kerry are certs for 1st goal. Wake up cassidy and smell the strikers now!!!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 23, 2009, 03:14:16 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on April 23, 2009, 01:13:19 PM
As KingLarsson would tell you we havent been scoring many goals, but still 5/1 sounds good value.

IF you fancy Derry to win then going for that 9/1 for us to score 1st, lead at HT and win sounds ok on the basis that we have been making quick starts this year (as against Kerry the last day)

Thats a mugs bet IMO, totally up in the air who could get the first point and could leave your bet dicked after ten seconds!!

What Bogball said! If we win there is a very good chance that we had a good start and 1st half. So 9/1 is appealing IF you were going to stick a bet on Derry anyway (who are 11/4 for the straight win BTW).
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ONeill

Don't know who I'd want to win this one. Some shower of hoors on the one field though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

KingLarsson

Get over it oneill just cuz wer better than youns!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 23, 2009, 03:45:35 PM
As KingLarsson would tell you we havent been scoring many goals, but still 5/1 sounds good value.

IF you fancy Derry to win then going for that 9/1 for us to score 1st, lead at HT and win sounds ok on the basis that we have been making quick starts this year (as against Kerry the last day)

Thats a mugs bet IMO, totally up in the air who could get the first point and could leave your bet dicked after ten seconds!!
but their basis is that derry have scored first in all 7 of their league games to date, thus the odds are incorrect (going on the basis that this is a trend) and value can be had!!

I didn't know that, an impresive stat. Though the reason the odds are so high is because Kerry rightly go in as favourites... I wouldn't take the bet anyway... But knock yourself out!

Doire Peadar

Quote from: ONeill on April 23, 2009, 09:04:59 PM
Don't know who I'd want to win this one. Some shower of hoors on the one field though.

Tyrone can go back under the bridge and start picking purdes again!

Joel Cairo

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 23, 2009, 09:27:32 PM

but their basis is that derry have scored first in all 7 of their league games to date, thus the odds are incorrect (going on the basis that this is a trend) and value can be had!!

I didn't know that, an impresive stat. Though the reason the odds are so high is because Kerry rightly go in as favourites... I wouldn't take the bet anyway... But knock yourself out!

Not sure about that first score stat. Did Donegal not score the first point in Derry's previous game - after about 30 secs?

Don't know about the other games.

oakleaf93

The same bet payed 6/1 v Dublin and Derry did score first, lead at half time and win

Tyrone Dreamer

So much for the big promotion promised by the gaa for this game. Havent saw much evidence of it. They did announce it was €5 cheaper I suppose but that's hardly a big deal.

imtommygunn

To be  honest I'd be worried abou Derry getting a hammering in this match. I hope I'm wrong.

A walloping wouldn't do much for their morale.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 23, 2009, 09:27:32 PM

In all honesty Niall, I made it up, cannae mind who scored first in all the games, but the lads are just saying that when derry win they tend to start well - league final last year we were about 8 down before deciding that out aim for the year was to beat kerry ina national final ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 23, 2009, 11:15:08 PM
To be  honest I'd be worried abou Derry getting a hammering in this match. I hope I'm wrong.

A walloping wouldn't do much for their morale.
don't be worrying too much, we know our first big game is way monaghan in 3 weeks time, we'll take that one though - shame for monaghan as they're a decent side, but div 2 football is poor enough ;D ;D

The GAA

I think Derry will takea tanking here but they'll be a serious force in the summer

peterquaife

Quote from: The GAA on April 24, 2009, 10:02:56 AM

I think Derry will takea tanking here but they'll be a serious force in the summer

care to elaborate as to why Derry will take a tanking?