Create a 'Soccer Discussion' section!

Started by Tankie, April 19, 2009, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

If people are that worried about what is going on in the non-gaa section of the gaaboard then they should look elsewhere. This is the GAAboard first and foremost. Too many hangers on here with only a glancing interest in our national games.

The founder of this thread has made 699 gaa posts and 1293 non-gaa posts. An extremely high percentage of his most recent 30 posts have been about soccer.

I suggest he:

Subscribes to the Heat Magazine website
Subscribes to IRFU website forum
Gets a ride
Doesn't take an online discussion board too seriously
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gnevin

Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2009, 10:26:01 PM
If people are that worried about what is going on in the non-gaa section of the gaaboard then they should look elsewhere. This is the GAAboard first and foremost. Too many hangers on here with only a glancing interest in our national games.
I think that's the main reason people don't want a soccer section as the statics will show how much time they spend in the soccer section
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2009, 10:33:35 PM
I think that's the main reason people don't want a soccer section as the statics will show how much time they spend in the soccer section

I'm sure people couldn't give a flying fcuk about what the statistics show  ::)

Gnevin

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 28, 2009, 10:43:13 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2009, 10:33:35 PM

I'm sure people couldn't give a flying fcuk about what the statistics show  ::)
I'd be interested in them for one but a true Gael like your self would be grand in sure . ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Lecale2

I can't be arsed reading all this but have the mods expressed any view?

Ping Pong Santa

No.

They would never agree to a soccer section, its farcical.

Gnevin

Quote from: Lecale2 on April 29, 2009, 03:25:38 AM

Yes they've posted here in their street name .

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Gnevin on April 29, 2009, 09:01:46 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on April 29, 2009, 03:25:38 AM

Yes they've posted here in their street name .

Well that could be true too.

Katchit

It's blantantly obvious (to me anyway) there is a need for an 'Other Sports Section;.

Considering 9 of the 19 threads on the General discussion's first page are dedicated to other sports I can't see how you can argue that this isn't cluttering up the general discussion with sports talk when other general and current affair issues drop off the page far too quickly.

It shouldn't be a soccer debate as some peoples narrowminded mindset will always be anti this for one reason or another but logically a new sub section should be created for more proactive and relevant discussion..

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Katchit on April 29, 2009, 10:48:02 AM
It's blantantly obvious (to me anyway) there is a need for an 'Other Sports Section;.

Considering 9 of the 19 threads on the General discussion's first page are dedicated to other sports I can't see how you can argue that this isn't cluttering up the general discussion with sports talk when other general and current affair issues drop off the page far too quickly.

It shouldn't be a soccer debate as some peoples narrowminded mindset will always be anti this for one reason or another but logically a new sub section should be created for more proactive and relevant discussion..

Go fe ck yourself !!! Soccer is for wankers !!! and Tosspots !!!
ta se mor

Homer

Is it time for a 'Tesco GAA Sectarianism' section?

KCGaelicFootball

ta se mor

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Gabriel_Hurl

Doogie Browser

I was in Poland last week and there were Tesco stores all over the place!  They are in the states too, though not sure about good ole Kansas City!