The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: AFS on April 28, 2009, 09:28:34 AM
Of the four clubs, together with the doomed WBA, still in contention for the drop I'd prefer Boro and Newcastle to go down. Usually when it comes to clubs facing the drop I like to see the ones with the most Irish players staying up. Sunderland and Hull both have a few Irish lads, not many of whom would be picked up by another Premier league club if they were relegated. Between them, Newcastle and Boro only have Duff that I can think of, and he's likely to be able to find another team willing to take him if his club goes down. For these same reasons I'm really hoping Reading win the playoffs.
If they beat Birmingham on Sunday (please god they do) they could go up automatically.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 28, 2009, 09:43:37 AM
Of the four clubs, together with the doomed WBA, still in contention for the drop I'd prefer Boro and Newcastle to go down. Usually when it comes to clubs facing the drop I like to see the ones with the most Irish players staying up. Sunderland and Hull both have a few Irish lads, not many of whom would be picked up by another Premier league club if they were relegated. Between them, Newcastle and Boro only have Duff that I can think of, and he's likely to be able to find another team willing to take him if his club goes down. For these same reasons I'm really hoping Reading win the playoffs.
If they beat Birmingham on Sunday (please god they do) they could go up automatically.

They need help from Warnock & Crystal Palace though against Sheffield United.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2009, 09:49:48 AM

I think Neil will have his team well up for that one!

bingobus

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 28, 2009, 09:57:59 AM

If Sheffield United don't go up it will greatly help Neils court case against West Ham, so expect a war in that game  :-\

Just Mu luck, on a stag in Newcastle on the day of their last home game to Fulham. Either they'll win and look like staying up or they'll be down and the place will be like a wake. I'm sure we'll manage somehow though  ;D

No1

QuoteMiddlesborough fans once voted Bernie Slaven as it's greatest ever player. They deserve to go down for that.

Load of balls, Juninho was voted greatest ever player.  I'd go for Brian Clough myself.

If Hull keep losing and Boro pick up 3 points at Sid James Park I reckon Boro could just about manage it.  That does not hide the fact that Southgate is seriously lacking in most departments.

Newcastle is a great city for a night out but the Geordies are the most deluded fans on the face of the earth, if they go down they might just realise where there team is in the scheme of things.

It's MiddlesBROUGH by the way.

naka

I fancy boro to take 1 or 3 points of utd on sat morning, bearing in mind utd will have played a big euro game on wed nite.

muppet

Quote from: No1 on April 28, 2009, 11:28:47 AM
QuoteMiddlesborough fans once voted Bernie Slaven as it's greatest ever player. They deserve to go down for that.

Load of balls, Juninho was voted greatest ever player.  I'd go for Brian Clough myself.

If Hull keep losing and Boro pick up 3 points at Sid James Park I reckon Boro could just about manage it.  That does not hide the fact that Southgate is seriously lacking in most departments.

Newcastle is a great city for a night out but the Geordies are the most deluded fans on the face of the earth, if they go down they might just realise where there team is in the scheme of things.

It's MiddlesBROUGH by the way.

This may be hard to imagine but there was football before 1995.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: naka on April 28, 2009, 12:04:31 PM
I fancy boro to take 1 or 3 points of utd on sat morning, bearing in mind utd will have played a big euro game on wed nite.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Billys Boots

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 28, 2009, 09:57:59 AM

You wouldn't want to be counting on Colin for a favour - ever!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hound

As for Reading and the Irish contingent, I wonder how many will still be there after the summer?

Two goals for Shane Long yesterday. Saw bits of it and he was playing well. But Doyle and Stephen Hunt were only on the bench (no sign of Noel Hunt at all). Stephen Hunt came on in the first half due to an injury, but Doyle remained on the bench for the 90.

magpie seanie

Doyle had a great first half of the season but can't buy a goal at the moment. I'd say that's why he is on the bench. He could be just knackered. I thought the Hunt lads were doing well there up until Reading's slump in form?

No1

QuoteThis may be hard to imagine but there was football before 1995. 

No shit Sherlock, I'd say Clough didn't play much in 95  ;D

If you can show me a poll from the last 30 years in which Boro fans voted the Wolfman as their greatest ever player I'll buy you as many pints as you like.

No need to be so patronising either......................

Doogie Browser

Didn't he bare his cheeks in a shop in M'boro a few years ago for a bet?

No1

Aye, the window of Binns Department store in Boro town centre.  He said live on air that if Boro beat Utd at Old Trafford he would bare his arse cheeks to the whole of the town. 

Boro beat them 3-2, and fair dues to him he went through with it! 

Maybe not the greatest ever player but definitely a Boro legend!

muppet

Quote from: No1 on April 28, 2009, 01:23:45 PM
QuoteThis may be hard to imagine but there was football before 1995. 

No shit Sherlock, I'd say Clough didn't play much in 95  ;D

If you can show me a poll from the last 30 years in which Boro fans voted the Wolfman as their greatest ever player I'll buy you as many pints as you like.

No need to be so patronising either......................

You're the man who started a post with 'load of bollocks' and 'no shit sherlock'.

He was voted 'best ever buy' I believe but you can find a link, he's your 'legend'.
MWWSI 2017