The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 26, 2009, 10:37:23 AM
i had read somewhere thatarsenal were interested in bassong.
not sure who would take owen to be honest.cant see any of the big 4 wanting him and not may other clubs would be willing to pay his wages.he might have to go abroad again to get football

Dont be suprised if Owen pulls the pin
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

blewuporstuffed

could see him back in spain to be honest, somewhere like athletico madrid (maybe to replace Augero when he goes to liverpool ;))
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Owen could do a few things, but I'd not be surprised if he went somewhere like America or Dubai for a final cash splurge before he starts training horses full time. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone like Celtic would pick him up, but I think his days of being a major force are done. Sad the way it ended for him, but he should never have gone to Madrid.

slow corner back

Owen, rather like Robbie Fowler or Lee Sharpe is a player who had his best years between 17 and 24 roughly. A lot of people talk about players peaking at 28 but some who come through young are burnt out by then. I certainly believe that to be the case with the three I have mentioned. Owen will look for another pay day somewhere and will still have an outside hope of making the England world cup squad, the competition is Heskey and Crouch. I do not believe te move to Madrid was the problem, I think he was a busted flush before that and that is why Liverpool sold him.

Minder

Fowler wasnt "burnt out" as such, more a culmination in injuries and not looking after himself off the pitch. The both probably related.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longball

According to the back of the Daily Mirror 2dat Michael Owen is to be offered a £50,000 p/w contact at EVERTON
but sure remember where you heard it first

Quote from: longball on May 18, 2009, 01:26:14 PM
Sad to see Boro go. they are gone they have to win at the weekend and hope the other teams get taked. Would love newcastle to go down, but i tipped Hull to go down when they were 7th in the premiership and everyone was saying how great they were as they beat arsenal.
who will jump ship for the drop boys:
Downing- Spurs
Tuncay- a lot of clubs will look at him
Wheater- West Ham
Brunt- Fulham
Owen- Everton
Martins- Arsenal

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

No1

Ah well, Boro were shite all season long and deserved to go.  Don't think too many will miss them!

This kinda cheered me up though  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrLSMQy35E

Under Lights

Ian Holloway away from Crystal Palace.

Sheedy

Fulham have sacked rene meulensteen and appointed former Bayern munich manager felix magath  ???
nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

rodney trotter

Lasted longer then his job at Anzhi, took over on the 1st of July last year and was gone on the 16th.

From the Bunker

3 wins and one draw (v Man u.) in the league in 13 matches!

Farrandeelin

Fascinating all the teams that could still go down. Good job Man Utd have 40+ points. :-X
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.