Meath Vs Dublin, 7th June 2009

Started by thejuice, April 15, 2009, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boozehell

Get your facts right heffo pairc esler holds over 20,000.
Down GAA to the last.

heffo

Quote from: Boozehell on June 05, 2009, 02:08:50 PM
Get your facts right heffo pairc esler holds over 20,000.

What was the attendance on the day in Pairc Esler?

Boozehell

Down GAA to the last.

INDIANA

Don't worry about him Heffo he probably lives in the boozer.

Farrandeelin

What's the story of this game not expected to be sold out?? I cannot for the life of me figure that one out.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on June 05, 2009, 02:58:52 PM
Don't worry about him Heffo he probably lives in the boozer.

He's going eerily quiet - I'm a little worried.

thejuice

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 05, 2009, 03:02:36 PM
What's the story of this game not expected to be sold out?? I cannot for the life of me figure that one out.

Yeah, Im surprised as well, I thought we'd have at least 70,000 at it. Guess the recession is really hitting the pockets hard.

Though I wouldnt mind it if there were a few free seats below me as we're up in the nose bleeds on the Hogan.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heffo

Quote from: thejuice on June 05, 2009, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 05, 2009, 03:02:36 PM

Yeah, Im surprised as well, I thought we'd have at least 70,000 at it. Guess the recession is really hitting the pockets hard.

Though I wouldnt mind it if there were a few free seats below me as we're up in the nose bleeds on the Hogan.

I ordered the same amount of tickets for my club as we always do as ticket requests had to be in a week early and we only had a fraction of the normal order levels in - we're now stuck with tons of tickets as club members who normally never miss a game just aren't going due to the recession

INDIANA

In the same boat- can't get rid of them. First time since the mid 80's dublin v meath hasn't sold out to near capacity. People may laugh about the recession but it will hit attendances this year. I know people who usually bring their kids and just can't afford it this year .

Gnevin

Yeah seem lots of Tickets knocking around but if the weather picks up you should be able to  get rid of them.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

There'll be over 70,000 at least at it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mckieran

On Newstalk this evening, they said the GAA were warning that the match was almost sold out... ??? ???

Zulu

Taken from AFR.

Tickets are almost sold out for Sunday's Leinster GAA Senior Championship double header between Dublin and Antrim in hurling and Dublin and Meath in football.

The GAA advises all supporters planning to attend Sunday's double header to beat the queues and avoid disappointment and purchase tickets in advance.

The new GAA Ticket Shop is now operational and tickets can be purchased from 53 Lower Dorset St (Saturday 11am to 4pm).

Tickets are also available from:

- The official GAA website at www.gaa.ie
- Ticketmaster outlets

INDIANA

thats good news- first full house of the year at croker. hopefully the rain will stay away. torential rain in dublin this morning.