Meath Vs Dublin, 7th June 2009

Started by thejuice, April 15, 2009, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Yeah, I really just dont know what to expect. Its like an angel and devil on my shoulder almost. One saying we are going to sneak it the other saying we're going to get a serious beating.

As for King playing full forward, I hope it pays off, we only scored 2 goals in 7 games in the league.

RE: Drumanee 1
Shane O'Rourke is out for the season. Hamstring or ACL problems, I'm not sure which.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

hamstring problems in both legs. Spoke to someone in DCU about it. Grew too quickly as a result his hamstrings couldn't carry the body weight. He's  a class act though and he's only 20/21 so he'll be back. But they don't expect to see him this year.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: thejuice on June 05, 2009, 11:15:55 AM
Yeah, I really just dont know what to expect. Its like an angel and devil on my shoulder almost. One saying we are going to sneak it the other saying we're going to get a serious beating.

As for King playing full forward, I hope it pays off, we only scored 2 goals in 7 games in the league.

RE: Drumanee 1
Shane O'Rourke is out for the season. Hamstring or ACL problems, I'm not sure which.

up until his injury how was he getting on?,was a serious underage talent,that goal he scored for his school was unreal.

Jinxy

Looked a great prospect in the run to the semi-final in 2007.
Hasn't played much since really.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Boozehell

This year I predict a much quietier match as that thug Whelan isn't playing and the overhyped one year wonder sherlock also dropped who wouldn't even get on any good team in ulster.
Down GAA to the last.

mckieran

QuoteThis year I predict a much quietier match as that thug Whelan isn't playing and the overhyped one year wonder sherlock also dropped who wouldn't even get on any good team in ulster.

Asa neutral, I'm disappointed Whelan isnt playing. He would liven things up a bit!

heffo

Quote from: Boozehell on June 05, 2009, 11:46:53 AM
This year I predict a much quietier match as that thug Whelan isn't playing and the overhyped one year wonder sherlock also dropped who wouldn't even get on any good team in ulster.

Tool

meathie

I think the biggest thing is that Meath fans genuinely do not know what this team will/can do. Id be abit of a mad Meath fan and everyone I know  is saying to me youre awfully quiet before a Meath Dublin game, what going on?! I dont know whats going on, thats it. Im waiting until Sunday to see where this team is at. I am not too hopeful but at the same time, kinda reminds of 96, so you never know!  :-\

INDIANA

Quote from: Boozehell on June 05, 2009, 11:46:53 AM

True he doesn't headbutt people, kick people in the bollox, stand on their toes, punch supporters and relentessly goad the opposition about their family and siblings. On that basis he wouldn't meet the set criteria for the Ulster championship as we saw in Celtic Park 2 weeks ago.
No shame in that in my view.

Boozehell

no just leave that to ciaran whelan so secs in 2 a championship match a few yrs ago live on rte he caught the ball and blatantly punched the man in the face and only got a yellow card for it.
Down GAA to the last.

INDIANA

Still don't remember Ciaran don't any of the offences I've mentioned. If you've something to say on the match itself - by all means do. If not piss off.

Boozehell

Yes Indiana I do I just hope the Dublin supporters remember the match starts at 4 o'clock and not just be leaving the pub at that time and expect the match to be held up for them
Down GAA to the last.

heffo

Quote from: Boozehell on June 05, 2009, 01:41:23 PM
Yes Indiana I do I just hope the Dublin supporters remember the match starts at 4 o'clock and not just be leaving the pub at that time and expect the match to be held up for them

Dublin had fifteen competitive games last year - one was delayed due to the Westmeath bus arriving late - if you were at the match you would've seen Westmeath doing their bump-into-each-other warmup right up until the national anthem

Are you from Down? The same county that was involved in a delayed game v Tyrone last year in the SFC?

Boozehell

The reason for that was genuine traffic congestion in a small town with people from tyrone and neutrals coming from counties such as fermanagh and monaghan trying to get parked and walk nearly 4 miles to come and watch the match.  Unlike many of the games dublin were held up in Crok Park cause Dublin supporters coming late from the pub and causing the crowd build up
Down GAA to the last.

heffo

Quote from: Boozehell on June 05, 2009, 02:00:26 PM
The reason for that was genuine traffic congestion in a small town with people from tyrone and neutrals coming from counties such as fermanagh and monaghan trying to get parked and walk nearly 4 miles to come and watch the match.  Unlike many of the games dublin were held up in Crok Park cause Dublin supporters coming late from the pub and causing the crowd build up

So both counties had one game delayed last year?

One with 82,500 people entering a stadium and one with 18,000?

No further questions 'boozer'..