Meath Vs Dublin, 7th June 2009

Started by thejuice, April 15, 2009, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Just wondering as an Antrim fan, What sort of turn to expect for the Dubs for the Hurling before the Meath game, will it be a trickle of fans in and the late rush for the football as usual or will the dubs get there early to cheer on their hurlers?

Coddler

Quote from: NAG on May 12, 2009, 11:40:59 AM
Just wondering as an Antrim fan, What sort of turn to expect for the Dubs for the Hurling before the Meath game, will it be a trickle of fans in and the late rush for the football as usual or will the dubs get there early to cheer on their hurlers?
I'll be there for the hurling with the brother but the other 50,000 Dubs will be late :)
There should be a good enough Dub crowd in the stands but the Hill brigade will arrive in late I'd say.

INDIANA

Quote from: NAG on May 12, 2009, 11:40:59 AM

might get about 15k I'd say- usual rush from the idiots expected though.

thejuice

Meath have a challenge against Kerry tomorrow in Killarney. I dont expect a winning result but it will be a good test of where we stand. Though there will hardly be a full strenght team playing from either.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

dublin are playing kerry on sunday- though with the local championships being played- we will be missing a rake.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on May 14, 2009, 02:07:40 PM
Meath have a challenge against Kerry tomorrow in Killarney. I dont expect a winning result but it will be a good test of where we stand. Though there will hardly be a full strenght team playing from either.

According to a poster on HS, Meath lost by 2 points, 1-16 to 1-14.
Both teams seemed to be near full strength at the start anyway, whatever about by the end.
King was full forward again, dunno how he played.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Quote from: Jinxy on May 16, 2009, 05:32:53 PM
King was full forward again

Anyone any clue what's going on here? I could understand it if it was a case of playing extra defenders and 14 was just a number on his back. But when picked at No. 14 he actually plays full forward. I could also understand it if it was our version of the Donaghy-type target man. But he's not a target man. I'm stuck.

Jinxy

Beats me Hardy.
Playing him wing forward I could understand maybe, but full forward?
I just don't see what he's in there to do.
If he's in there as a ball winner would we not be better off sticking Brian Meade in there?
Or big Joe?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

King to be fair is pretty good at winnning the ball in full forward, but in the games i've seen its just his finishing that showed he doesnt normally play there. Perhaps he might be the key to beat Dublin, attacking their full back, but he needs ward, farrell and Bray running on to him to support, something that didnt seem to be happening during the league.

Team according to HS was

paddy o rourke

steven sheridan
moyles
harrington

mcguinness
mckeigue
kenny

ward
crawford

byrne
bray
shane mc

c ward
king
farrell

If indeed that was the team, i wouldnt say its too far off our strongest team we could have fielded. 1-14 must be the most we scored since we drubbed Westmeath in the O'Byrne cup. I'd say the Meath Chronicle might have a report on this later.

If we took the scores of these challenges on face value, i tell ya lads, Leitrim will be taking Sam up to Lough Allen.  ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: INDIANA on May 14, 2009, 08:48:19 PM
dublin are playing kerry on sunday- though with the local championships being played- we will be missing a rake.

that match was called off.

Logan

I've serious reservations about this Dublin team.

I've watched the new team come in and I've ALOT of time for Mickey Whelan, and Gilroy seems like a decent lad.
But I think they'll flatter to deceive like before. I don't see any improvements like before. I can't see where the new ideas are coming from or where all the misplaced confidence is coming from.

As for Meath, I think they are probably in a rebuilding phase and possibly will do ok this year. I hear they had Mick McGurn the Irish rugby coach down with them last weekend doing some training so they're getting ready for a tough one!

heffo

Quote from: Logan on May 17, 2009, 05:30:26 PM

I've watched the new team come in. I don't see any improvements like before. I can't see where the new ideas are coming from or where all the misplaced confidence is coming from.

He's changed 2/3's of the full back line and I've yet to hear anyone involved in Dublin football spouting confidence whether misplaced or not.

down6061689194

Any word on tickets

Now Idon't have to wory about Down :-\

Hound

Quote from: Logan on May 17, 2009, 05:30:26 PM

I've watched the new team come in and I've ALOT of time for Mickey Whelan, and Gilroy seems like a decent lad.
But I think they'll flatter to deceive like before. I don't see any improvements like before. I can't see where the new ideas are coming from or where all the misplaced confidence is coming from.

As for Meath, I think they are probably in a rebuilding phase and possibly will do ok this year. I hear they had Mick McGurn the Irish rugby coach down with them last weekend doing some training so they're getting ready for a tough one!
Can you please refer me to where the Dubs are showing "all the misplaced confidence" please. I could do with a lift in spirits.