Clare Balding

Started by whiskeysteve, April 15, 2009, 10:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Cancer is the Karma ?

Shut up you imbecile, she came out with a poor taste remark and apologised for it the next day, I wouldn't wish the C word on even my worst enemy.

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

tyrone86

I read it as it as she had the non fatal type and she isn't that worried about it herself. Nevertheless, it was crass and I apologise profusely.

cameltohill

Sandino

I have posted here before about the lack of thought that goes into some posts and their personal nature, mainly when its directed at our own unpaid GAA people. However I never thought I would post on a thread about Clare Balding after her ultra poor performance at the Grand National. But that has to the most crass post i have ever seen on this board and I was a reader for years befor I joined. Totally Crass! and pointless.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

quit yo jibbajabba

glenn hoddle has moved to tyrone i see

tut tut, v poor taste laddo

longball

has everyone else opinion of Tyrone86 just lowered. Disgrace. >:(
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Doogie Browser

He apologised right away when he realised it was in poor taste, get over it now and call off the witch-hunt.

Hope she beats the big C but she is still a toffee nosed fecker.

Evil Genius

On a point of information, when I first read the transcript of Balding's remarks to Treadwell, I thought it pretty crass, like the rest of us.

However, I recently heard her explanation, which put a whole new slant on it. Basically, she was under the misunderstanding that Treadwell's teeth had been knocked about in a fall from a horse - Jump Jockeys are famous for suffering multiple injuries and fractures etc during their career.

Therefore, it was just a light-hearted comment she was making when she said "you'll be able to afford to get the teeth fixed properly, now". Consequently, she was absolutely mortified when she learned his teeth had always been like that.

And I suspect she subsequently made that clear to Treadwell, since he had no problem with it, subsequently thanking her, because some Dentist offered to sort him out for free (in return for the publicity)! Indeed, you could say he was "grinning all the way to the Bank". (I'll get my coat)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ludermor

The actual ''live'' coverage was far worse than how it would read. The lad was litterally just off the horse and just after winning the biggest race of his career ( unlikely ever to repeat) and you could see him squirm as she said it. It was some way to put a dampner on the best day of his life. It might have been lighted but it was terrible judgement and in fairness she did apologise.

red hander

Quote from: cameltohill on May 29, 2009, 12:35:38 PM
typical tyronie....

That's the second crassest post on this thread ... but at least tyrone86 has apologised

SidelineKick

Quote from: red hander on May 29, 2009, 05:24:09 PM
Quote from: cameltohill on May 29, 2009, 12:35:38 PM
typical tyronie....

That's the second crassest post on this thread ... but at least tyrone86 has apologised

Talk about a generalisation.  If you seen his other posts you'd just have ignored that. Twit altogether!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Trevor Hill

Have the BBC got rid of Clare? She is presenting Crufts on Channel 4 ?