NFL Division 2 Final - Muineacháin v Corcaigh - 26th April 2009

Started by Maguire01, April 13, 2009, 01:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Roll on 26th April!

Was hoping for Kildare myself, to avenge the recent defeat in Clones, but it wasn't to be. Monaghan have shown that they can take Cork - a second win against them would further consolidate our good form and have us firmly in the top 8 teams in the country.

Fingers crossed, we have no injury worries at the minute. It would be great to go into the game against Derry as Division 2 Champions - a big psychological difference from our preparation for the Fermanagh game last year.

Rossfan

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2009, 01:08:13 PM
. Monaghan have shown that they can take Cork - a second win against them would further consolidate our good form

It will hardly be fixed for bloody Scotstown  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

I'm tipping Cork here - both teams lack consistency and Cork I feel are destined to win this one.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

thebandit

If the 2 teams at the top of the league are skint what way does that leave the rest of the teams ???

Main Street

I guess in Bandit terminology,    skint = lack of consistency

thebandit

Quote from: thebandit on April 14, 2009, 09:39:57 AM
If the 2 teams at the top of the league are inconsistent what way does that leave the rest of the teams ???

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on April 14, 2009, 10:43:49 AM
I guess in Bandit terminology,    skint = lack of consistency
Ah, right, cheers. To me, skint means no money.

Anyway, most teams in Division 2 were inconsistent this year, apart from Wexford, who were consistently brutal.

Main Street

It's also possible that Bandit has simply blown one of his fuses after a few wires got crossed,
causing him to repeat the same cryptic message, instead of the simple explanation.

thebandit

Quote from: Main Street on April 14, 2009, 03:56:15 PM
It's also possible that Bandit has simply blown one of his fuses after a few wires got crossed,
causing him to repeat the same cryptic message, instead of the simple explanation.

The second message is changed from skint to inconsistent. So I'd didn't repeat the same cryptic message.

If you're gonna be a smartarse, make sure you are right first. Otherwise you'd look like an awful bollix

Main Street

Cop on to yourself Bandit, no smart arsing was intended.

thebandit

GrandMasterFlash

Really lookin forward to this one.. (as I've missed all games to date which is a first in many a year!) Great to see them playing in Croker, I think they big pitch suits them well.. Will JP be back does anyone know? Was he injured last Sunda or just not fit?

Kerry Mike

Have a vested interest in the Monaghan men having seen plenty of them over the last few years at close quarters, and will be one of many Kerry people shouting for them against the langers.

I think they will be the hungrier of the two teams and given their recent win over the langers they will have the mental knowledge to beat them again.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football