National League Final- Play it in Croke Park

Started by southderry, April 12, 2009, 07:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

Quote from: Katchit on April 14, 2009, 01:30:58 PM
Suprised as well but can only be good for our lads to get a game at Crokers before summer.

we hope  ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mid Mon on April 14, 2009, 12:46:46 PM
Bullshit. How can u expect voluntary stewards to be present from 10am until 9pm???
3 games is a big ask 4 is a total non-runner.

If you weren't so keen to shout down others perhaps you could consider the fact that the whole stadium wouldn't be open (couldn't see 50,000 going) and stewards could be split into shifts if necessary. Cool your jets.

The lineup in Longford doesn't look that appetising although its at most only an hour spin away for us.

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2009, 01:47:37 PM
Half 4 in Longford. What a load of ballix.

Sure it could be worse, it could be a Saturday as well. Oh, wait...

southderryman

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2009, 01:47:37 PM
Half 4 in Longford. What a load of ballix.

dont see the logic behind it myself, clones omagh enniskillen would have been much more sensible venues for antrim v sligo and would make more sense, then again they probably want a double header so they can charge more even though most people will only be interested in their own county's match and they cant really take tipp so far north.

Trevor Hill

I dont think they would be that worried about Tipp fans, there were at most 50 of them at the Tipp v Down game and it was in Thurles. The decision to play these games in Longford is a joke.

southderryman

Quote from: Trevor Hill on April 14, 2009, 01:56:21 PM
I dont think they would be that worried about Tipp fans, there were at most 50 of them at the Tipp v Down game and it was in Thurles. The decision to play these games in Longford is a joke.

portlaoise in a stupid venue for down v tipp, parnell park or a triple header in croker might have been more sensible but it would be unfair to leave sligo and antrim out. taking sligo and antrim to portlaoise is crazy aswell. if the div 1 and 2 finals are in croker on the sun there's no reason the div 3 and 4 finals couldnt be there on the sat.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2009, 01:50:42 PM
Quote from: Mid Mon on April 14, 2009, 12:46:46 PM
Bullshit. How can u expect voluntary stewards to be present from 10am until 9pm???
3 games is a big ask 4 is a total non-runner.

If you weren't so keen to shout down others perhaps you could consider the fact that the whole stadium wouldn't be open (couldn't see 50,000 going) and stewards could be split into shifts if necessary. Cool your jets.

The lineup in Longford doesn't look that appetising although its at most only an hour spin away for us.

Agree with what magpie said re not opening the whole stadium and splitting shift. Think the GAA have really missed a trick here. Can't see any real disadvantage in having the div 3 & 4 finals in Croke Park as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Oakleafer93

The club finals massed 35,000 people and there was quite a good atmosphere there, surely each couty would bring in the region of 8,000 people especially with it being in CrokerPark?

Everyone says last year there was little support in Parnell Park, well I WAS THERE and people were squashed in like sardines, and it was ticket only and I know people who didn't get a ticket. However from the Derry Kerry contingent I would say it was 80/20 Derry.

marym

Can't see Cork and Kerry bringing 8000 with them. Cork will shout for Derry in 2nd match . Hope Derry will shout for Cork in first one.

magickingdom

kerry, derry and cork you would imagine wouldl not bring big numbers yet....... tho last year kerry v derry in parnal pk had around 10k if this game is promoted right they should pull close to 30k. its a national final in cp where it should be every year on the same date. it'll be interesting to see the crowd in comparison to last year in pp

thebandit

There'll be 15000 from Monaghan at the game

Bogball XV

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 14, 2009, 04:03:16 PM
The club finals massed 35,000 people and there was quite a good atmosphere there, surely each couty would bring in the region of 8,000 people especially with it being in CrokerPark?

Everyone says last year there was little support in Parnell Park, well I WAS THERE and people were squashed in like sardines, and it was ticket only and I know people who didn't get a ticket. However from the Derry Kerry contingent I would say it was 80/20 Derry.
It wasn't ticket only (or if it was, tickets were available immediately before the turnstiles), people weren't squashed in like sardines (the stands were rigthly packed though) and I'd say it was more like 30% Fermanagh, 45% Derry, 10% Wexford, 10% neutral and 5% Kerry.

Otherwise, I'm happy enough it's in Croker now, we should be able to get about 30,000 if the Derry bandwagon gets up and running early, but we'll need a pile of monaghan boys to boost the numbers.

Oakleafer93

It'll be good for Derry an dMonaghan as well, Ulster will support each other, but can't see Cork and Kerry supporting each other!!

donelli

Quote from: thebandit on April 14, 2009, 09:38:17 PM
There'll be 15000 from Monaghan at the game

Not a chance...
9,000 tops (which would still be a good crowd)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: blanketattack on April 14, 2009, 11:53:58 AM
If the All-Ireland Intermediate and Junior club finals as well as the ladies football and camogie finals can be played in a 1/4 full Croke Park, then the league final should be played there as well.

Was at the hurling Intermediate & Junior finals and only a few sections of the Lower Hogan were open so the ground was nowhere near 1/4 full.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...