Joe Brolly takes on Pat Spillane

Started by rrhf, April 11, 2009, 11:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I see Joe had a pot at Pat in the Gaelic Life seemingly sparked off by Pats suggestion that his retreating to the analysts chair will "raise the bar" in Gaa analyism.  Pats simply been sacked as far as Joe is concerned and puts up there a prudent diagnosis on why it all went wrong for Spillane including a reference to the campaign on GAA discussion boards to have the man sacked.  Regardless of the sacking of Pat and its cruel public l nature its quite clear Brolly is relishing a crack at him and undoubtedly Pat will give Brolly his fill as well. Should make for a much more interesting series of shows this year with Des Cahill being as much a referee as a facilitator.  I would imagine that there will be a obvious culture clash on Northern V Kerry football, particulalry if Derry get a chance to deflower Kerry, but I think Pat is set to get challenged this year over every bit of pro kerry PR gank uttered.   

Tyrone Dreamer

It sounds like Spillane will be on during the day with Brolly, so it will be Lyster stuck in the middle. Will be some craic if them 2 are in the studio during an a match between and Ulster team and Kerry.

longrunsthefox

not really-it is all a con job to wind up viewers. In the rest of the article Brolly is glowing about Spillane. They get the big bucks and audience reaction. Spillane knows what he is at...     

Donagh

"Knowing me, Pat Spillane, knowing you Anthony Tohill, Ah ha"     :D

Got to hand it to Joe though he's got a razor wit.

Had to laugh as well when I came across this one in the papers last week:
"Defence counsel Joe Brolly disputed the prosecution case and the estimated value put on the cannabis consignment. He claimed that unless it was "a particularly fine vintage that had been auctioned at Sotheby's" then the £50,000-plus valuation seemed excessive."

DownFanatic

I think personally think Brolly's articles are brilliant. His arguments are always sound and there is always a good dose of humour in his pieces too.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Personally I think this whole line about Spillane being "sacked" is complete nonsense. RTÉ have just realised that their resources would be better utilised in a different way. Anybody who thinks this is anything to do with the fact that some people disagree with his analysis is in a world of their own.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 12:14:54 PM
not really-it is all a con job to wind up viewers. In the rest of the article Brolly is glowing about Spillane. They get the big bucks and audience reaction. Spillane knows what he is at...     

There's no fooling the fox - it's a put-up job. It's like those stories in the tabloids for X-Factor or whatever reality show s h i t e is in vogue at the moment about Simon Cowell: Why I Can't Stand Louis, or Cheryl Cole: My Dannii Agony. They're just stirring the pot.

I enjoy both Brolly and Spillane, personally. The real question is how much reign will they get. That's what'll sort sheep from goats.

Oakleafer93

Brolly is far too quick witted for poor old Pat, Brolly would win any war of words hands down, the mans a barrister for christ sake he gets paid for talking shite!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteBrolly is far too quick witted for poor old Pat, Brolly would win any war of words hands down, the mans a barrister for christ sake he gets paid for talking shite!

horseshite. have you ever seen the way Brolly always turns to O'Rourke for approval when making a point. He knows he is the junior analyst in any arrangment, him and his one AI. He is no match for O'Rourke nevermind the bould Pat

tyrone exile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 11, 2009, 06:39:33 PM
QuoteBrolly is far too quick witted for poor old Pat, Brolly would win any war of words hands down, the mans a barrister for christ sake he gets paid for talking shite!

horseshite. have you ever seen the way Brolly always turns to O'Rourke for approval when making a point. He knows he is the junior analyst in any arrangment, him and his one AI. He is no match for O'Rourke nevermind the bould Pat
There's a suprising view  ::)

Rav67

That reminds me of Jack O'Connor's quote about Kerry "where a man with three A-Is quietly defers to the man with 4."  Boke.

cadhlancian

Quote from: tyrone exile on April 11, 2009, 10:51:11 PM

bouldhorseshite. have you ever seen the way Brolly always turns to O'Rourke for approval when making a point. He knows he is the junior analyst in any arrangment, him and his one AI. He is no match for O'Rourke nevermind the  Pat
[/b]There's a suprising view  ::)
oh what a  :D

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on April 11, 2009, 11:06:02 AM
I see Joe had a pot at Pat in the Gaelic Life seemingly sparked off by Pats suggestion that his retreating to the analysts chair will "raise the bar" in Gaa analyism.  Pats simply been sacked as far as Joe is concerned and puts up there a prudent diagnosis on why it all went wrong for Spillane including a reference to the campaign on GAA discussion boards to have the man sacked.   Regardless of the sacking of Pat and its cruel public l nature its quite clear Brolly is relishing a crack at him and undoubtedly Pat will give Brolly his fill as well. Should make for a much more interesting series of shows this year with Des Cahill being as much a referee as a facilitator.  I would imagine that there will be a obvious culture clash on Northern V Kerry football, particulalry if Derry get a chance to deflower Kerry, but I think Pat is set to get challenged this year over every bit of pro kerry PR gank uttered.   

Does Joe bow to Gaa discussion board campaigns? Hmmmmmmm........
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Slight remarks passed on Pat at this stage.

Hound

Nonsense. He turns to look at O'Rourke when he's trying to bait him. Brolly often talks a load of horse, but he's hilarious, especially when he's having the craic with O'Rourke.