sunday game new presenter

Started by ildanach, April 08, 2009, 05:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2009, 10:34:47 PM
Tommy lyons- only pick big players. I'm ashamed to say this man was ever connected with Dublin.

Can RTE not get rid of some of these lads ?

INDIANA

he should have been given his p45 a long time ago

Donnellys Hollow

What Saturday evening match during the year did we have Lyons on with Bernard Flynn?? I felt like f**king the remote through the telly! Is this what we have to pay our license fee for?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 30, 2009, 10:48:44 PM
What Saturday evening match during the year did we have Lyons on with Bernard Flynn?? I felt like f**king the remote through the telly! Is this what we have to pay our license fee for?
[/b]

You know the advertisements about the TV licence man, how they have heard all the excuses and that none of them work ? How about using the one about Tommy Lyons ? The TV licence man is bound to have sympathy with that excuse.

comethekingdom

Quote from: orangeman on August 30, 2009, 10:52:29 PM
[/b]

You know the advertisements about the TV licence man, how they have heard all the excuses and that none of them work ? How about using the one about Tommy Lyons ? The TV licence man is bound to have sympathy with that excuse.
Do youse boys in the 6 counties actually pay a tv licence fee to RTE or does it all go to the British Broadcasting Corporation?

orangeman

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 30, 2009, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 30, 2009, 10:52:29 PM
[/b]

Do youse boys in the 6 counties actually pay a tv licence fee to RTE or does it all go to the British Broadcasting Corporation?

We don't have to pay a licence.

comethekingdom

ballinaman

Tony Davis really got to me last night. The comment he made about the minor final really annoyed me. "Mayo have to start winning, getting to finals is useless". Oh well then Tony, since you said it, then i suppose we'll have to win it this time. His attitude was terrible, he failed to acknowledge that the Aramagh minor team are unbelievable we are going to need a miracle to beat them. All well and good saying that Mayo have to win it but you have got to be realistic when you have a team that is cleary inferior to the side we are going to face but hopefully we'll get a miracle!!!!

Barney

QuoteMayo have to start winning, getting to finals is useless

Ballinaman he is completly right. If we go out with your attitude we are beaten before we start. It is not the greatest minor team ever, but Armagh are a "media creation" in your mind - how many times have you actually seen them play?

Wait and see, trust in Ray Dempsey, he hasn't let us down so far.

Billys Boots

The Sunday Game was awful last night - if someone was trying to lampoon the show, they couldn't have done a better job than last night's pundits.  Bad manners and moronic opinions appeared to be the accepted standard.  Shame on the three villages who couldn't keep their idiots at home. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

Barney.....just that it defied logic for him to spend a few minutes talking about how superior the Armagh team is and then to say that Mayo have to beat them. I attended the Armagh quarter against Kildare and the semi final against Kerry. I've been to all the Mayo minor games bar the Tipp quarter final. You've got the be realistic about our chances.

Logan

There is a photo of Tommy Lyons is in the Collins Thesaurus beside the term 'Village idiot'
The only one worse is McStay

Farrandeelin

How in the name of Christ did Marty f**king Morrissey actually end up as a commentator I will never know! He's an absolute disaster.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2009, 04:29:23 PM
How in the name of Christ did Marty f**king Morrissey actually end up as a commentator I will never know! He's an absolute disaster.

I remember hearing that he absolutely tormented RTE with his CV, phone calls etc until he basically broke them and they let him get his foot in the door. He has some opinion of himself.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2009, 04:39:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2009, 04:29:23 PM

I remember hearing that he absolutely tormented RTE with his CV, phone calls etc until he basically broke them and they let him get his foot in the door. He has some opinion of himself.

Maybe that's it alright, I suppose having to listen to his voice moan all day/night you'd do anything for a peaceful living then! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.