Tommy Mc Guigan Ban

Started by Oakleafer93, April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

But the referee dealt with this and now he is being overruled and nobody got killed.  In the Tyrone championship they video each game by their own people so they are consistent.  At national level they apparently leave it to the whims of TG4 to see what level of discipline enforcement will be used.   ifa nobody from Armagh bates a man to pulp in,  the Tyrone man gets it for a bit of a "knees up" because hes more famous and on TV more often. 

SidelineKick

Quote from: rrhf on April 02, 2009, 11:53:02 AM
But the referee dealt with this and now he is being overruled and nobody got killed.  In the Tyrone championship they video each game by their own people so they are consistent.  At national level they apparently leave it to the whims of TG4 to see what level of discipline enforcement will be used.   if there was a man bate to pulp in Armagh, the Tyrone man gets it because hes more famous and on TV more often. 

Well give me the spotlight any day.

Thats the 2nd time you've said "nobody got killed". What exactly do you feel needs to happen for a punishment to be handed out?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: rrhf on April 02, 2009, 11:53:02 AM
But the referee dealt with this and now he is being overruled and nobody got killed.  In the Tyrone championship they video each game by their own people so they are consistent.  At national level they apparently leave it to the whims of TG4 to see what level of discipline enforcement will be used.   if there was a man bate to pulp in Armagh, the Tyrone man gets it because hes more famous and on TV more often. 

Ah well then, if nobody got killed what the fcuk are they crying about :o

rrhf

Listen Sean Marty hurt more men uinfairly during that game than Tommy so what Tommy done was probably fair game within the context of the dual.  It was harmless they shook hands and laughed about it after.   If there was TV in Armagh the athletic grounds would be closed.  Is there any history of crowd troubles with the culprits?   

full back

Quote from: rrhf on April 02, 2009, 11:58:02 AM
Listen Sean Marty hurt more men uinfairly during that game than Tommy so what Tommy done was fair game as far as I could see. 

:D
You are some tool

Tommy Mc Guigan, the saviour of all people.
Is he the modern day version of the A-Team?
If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, maybe you can hire Tommy Mac.................De De de de, diddy de........

SidelineKick

What does it matter if they shook hands?  They don't implement the rules.

You are one twit saying its fair game, I would guess its people like you that turn handbags at dawn into a full scale brawl.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

The GAA

Would some sage like to explain to those of us who haven't seen it what McGuigan did?

rrhf

How long do Armagh folk think that Cantona could get?  Could he miss the Tyrone game?  

rrhf

You could do well to hold your council on this one sideline kick,  on the Francie Bellew thread you are literally blowing smoke up his arse - Is it too much to expect a little consistency please even though Tommy is fromTyrone. 

Deal_Me_In

If the authorities are going to use TV for what are essentially minor incidents then they need to be consistent. Can anyone explain why Rory Woods was not brought before the CCCC when it was clearly caught on TV him kicking a Kildare player lying on the ground? I agree that it was not a hard kick and more of a jab to get the player to get up again , but by definition it was kicking and technically deserved a ban. I don't think it did, but if the CCCC are going to review situations they need to apply it fairly accross all games/teams and not be selective in their punishment.

P.S. I have not condoned what McGuigan did and agree that if a ban is issued it is waranted, but i do feel that the incident was addressed by the referee at the time and that should be the end of the matter.

rrhf

at last someone with a bit of sense on the subject. 

The GAA

full back

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 02, 2009, 12:37:41 PM
Quote from: The GAA on April 02, 2009, 12:33:18 PM

What did McGuigan do?

he kneed SM lockhart in the privates....anyone who is trying to defend this behaviour is despicable

Sure its ok, he didnt kill anybody ::)

The GAA

air enough. 4 weeks then.
end of story.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: The GAA on April 02, 2009, 12:44:31 PM

air enough. 4 weeks then.
end of story.
Not if you are a yap from Tyrone
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something