Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2009

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 29, 2009, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 02, 2009, 11:39:11 AM
Anyone travelling for the Mayo Vs Tyrone game and is staying up on Easter Saturday night should come along to this fundraiser for The Cormac Trust.
Everyone welcome!

CORNAC TRUST/BALLINTUBBER GAA CABARET AND DRAW NIGHT
The Cormac McAnallen Trust/ and Ballintubber G.A.A Club, Fundraising Draw Finale and Cabaret Night will take place in the Welcome Inn Hotel, Castlebar on the eve of the Mayo V Tyrone game on next Saturday Night, April 11th. Music is by Phase with special guests, Philomena Begley, Comedian, Frank Forde and Mickie Harte with the Sam Maguire and Tom Markam Cups. Refreshments will be served. Doors will be open at 9pm with a Bar Extension on the night. Admission is just  €10.00. Your Support would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks for that AbbeySider, may well get along to it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

RedandGreenSniper

Some news on Keith Higgins at last . . .

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=109686

Return from Oz
07 April 2009

Mayo GAA has received a welcome boost with news that dual star Keith Higgins should return from Australia within the next fortnight.

The Ballyhaunis clubman spent the winter months Down Under and subsequently missed the entire national football league, but he has indicated that he'll soon be back on Irish soil.

The imminent return of the tenacious corner back represents another massive fillip for Mayo football boss John O'Mahony, who has recently welcomed veteran trio James Nallen, David Heaney and Aidan Higgins back into his burgeoning intercounty fold.

As Higgins was also one of the top performers in last year's Christy Ring Cup - and is on record as professing his preference for the small ball code - Mayo hurling managers Pete Finnerty and Martin Brennan will also be monitoring the situation with interest.

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mannix

With these old timers back Mayo may give tyrone a game of it.

Greenabovethered

Anyone else hear that Mayo Management are thinking about introducing compulsory jock straps for their players this weekend? ;)

supersarsfields

Would this be to help them get a set of balls?  ;)

Apologies!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

How many of the old-timers are likely to get a start then lads, and will there be a scrap between JO'M & the hurling management for the services of Keith Higgins?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tubberman

Johnno has said none of the old-timers will be playing this Sunday - although I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one or two of them get a run near the end.
With the U-21s hopefully rested, the oldies might be needed if we're leaking scores.

Great to hear Keith Higgins will be back shortly - he has managed to combine the hurling and football over the last couple of years so I'd imagine the two management teams will thrash out some arrangement without coming to blows  ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

kevmy

Quote from: Tubberman on April 07, 2009, 03:17:16 PM
Johnno has said none of the old-timers will be playing this Sunday - although I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one or two of them get a run near the end.
With the U-21s hopefully rested, the oldies might be needed if we're leaking scores.

Great to hear Keith Higgins will be back shortly - he has managed to combine the hurling and football over the last couple of years so I'd imagine the two management teams will thrash out some arrangement without coming to blows  ;)

Yeah I'd say so. I mean he's probably more rested now than he was at any stage over the last 4 or 5 years. We've got NY as well so that'll mean a good long break before the Rossies so plenty of time to work something out there.

As regards the 'old-timers' I'd say they'd be bench material with the U21's rested we'd have

L O'Malley  Cafferkey   Barrett/Conroy

Peader   Cunniffee   Andy

if the last few league games are anything to go by. After that with U21's and Keith Higgins presumably out all we have on the bench is Colm Boyle in the backs division.

omagh_gael

anyone have a pop at the team for this weekend? Will it be close to the team for 31st may? I'd go for...

1. J Devine
2. Ricey
3. Block
4. PJ
5. Davy
6. S O'Neill
7. Phily
8. Enda
9. Mellon
10. Joey
11. B Mc Guigan
12. A Cassidy
13. Mugsy
14. Sean
15. C Mc Cullagh

I assume the two clann men are still out an tommy suspended

Tyrone Dreamer

Assuming O'Neill is out I'd like to see something like this:
Devine
Ricey
Gormley
Swift
Harte
O'Neill
Jordan
Mellon
Hub
McGinley
B McGuigan
Joe McMahon
McAnnulla
S Cavanagh
Mulligan

In reality Curran will probably be in goal. Jason McAnulla hast had any game in the league and was excellent for u21's last week so maybe should get one chance to impress during the league. Not sure if Brian McGuigan is fit to play a full game yet. How did he get on for Ardboe on Sunday?

Farrandeelin

I hope it will be a good game anyway. Seen as there's nothing much to play for, both teamns are safe in reality, I can only see the two sets of players playing their best going for a championship place with their counties. It's just my opinion, but I cannot see both Dublin and Donegal pulling off wins that would lift the two counties above Mayo and Tyrone.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 07, 2009, 11:56:55 PM
I hope it will be a good game anyway. Seen as there's nothing much to play for, both teamns are safe in reality, I can only see the two sets of players playing their best going for a championship place with their counties. It's just my opinion, but I cannot see both Dublin and Donegal pulling off wins that would lift the two counties above Mayo and Tyrone.

Dublin will beat Westmeath easily and Donegal v Derry is a derby, so form book goes out the window like say Galway v Mayo.

We need a point to be safe. Tyrone might need two.
MWWSI 2017

kevmy

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2009, 12:11:47 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 07, 2009, 11:56:55 PM

Dublin will beat Westmeath easily and Donegal v Derry is a derby, so form book goes out the window like say Galway v Mayo.

We need a point to be safe. Tyrone might need two.

Dublin will need an 18 point swing against us to pass. While they could easily put 10 points up on W'meath I can't see us losing by 8 at the same time.

I'd say we're safe either way but a point would make certain

HokeyPokey

Tyrone are pretty safe... as are mayo... 8)