Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2009

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 29, 2009, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: moysider on March 31, 2009, 10:17:39 PM

Many in the club see his future in the forwards. More specifically as an 11.

Saw him play full-forward for Knockmore at minor level and while he was good and a very good outlet, it was a move borne out of necessity and there's little doubt to me that his future is in defence. Centre-half back in time, as Foreverhopeful mentioned.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

red hander

Boys, where's she being played?  I assume it's not Castlebar, what with the renovation work...

nooneshoutedstop

Apparently it's still in Castlebar from what I've heard, The should have most of the ground work out by then and they'll have the two ends behind the goal open and the most of the McHale Road side. Should be more than enough for a league game.
It has to end sometime

RedandGreenSniper

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2009, 10:22:43 PM
Anyone know if any of the absentees - O'Neill/Dooher/McGinley/McMahon - will be considered for this?

Is Ricey's suspension up too?

Riceys suspension will be up. McMahon was able to come on the another night so must be in contention. There's very little word on Dooher or O'Neill. I assume there's no chance of Dooher playing, is there even any talk of him doing any serious training? I'd like to here some talk soon of him being fit enough to train.

red hander

Quote from: nooneshoutedstop on March 31, 2009, 10:42:34 PM
Apparently it's still in Castlebar from what I've heard, The should have most of the ground work out by then and they'll have the two ends behind the goal open and the most of the McHale Road side. Should be more than enough for a league game.

It'll be good to get a look at the 'new' ground, looks pretty impressive what i've seen of it.  Ballix of a journey from Belfast via Dungannon to pick up the lads but we always enjoy playing Mayo away

moysider

Quote from: red hander on March 31, 2009, 10:53:05 PM
Quote from: nooneshoutedstop on March 31, 2009, 10:42:34 PM

It'll be good to get a look at the 'new' ground, looks pretty impressive what i've seen of it.  Ballix of a journey from Belfast via Dungannon to pick up the lads but we always enjoy playing Mayo away

Always good games and probably worth it but I sympathise. Dungannon alone the guts of 3 hours via Skillen. Did that trip bot too long ago. About Dooher. I d love to see him playing again in Mayo. Legend. 13 years after Martin o Connell was canonised for walking on his head he s working towards another Championship. Hope he gets there. He s an inspiration.

blewuporstuffed

i would be very surprised if dooher makes it for the game against mayo to be honest,think he has a way to go yet
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on April 01, 2009, 12:14:45 AM
About Dooher. I d love to see him playing again in Mayo. Legend. 13 years after Martin o Connell was canonised for walking on his head he s working towards another Championship. Hope he gets there. He s an inspiration.

:D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

kevmy

On the Mayo side of things apparently Nallen, Heaney and Aiden Higgins have officially rejoined the panel and Howley is also back in full training. Does anyone else reckon we could field 15 half backs come Championship ;D By my count we now have 10 or 11 in the panel at this stage and Keith Higgins has yet to end his holiday in Oz

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 01, 2009, 10:43:38 AM
i would be very surprised if dooher makes it for the game against mayo to be honest,think he has a way to go yet

From the Irish Times:

In the meantime Harte's championship panel is taking shape. Brian Dooher is due back soon; Brian McGuigan is already back; and Justin McMahon, Joe McMahon, Enda McGinley and Stephen O'Neill are also over the worst of their recent injuries.

Eoin Mulligan is also likely to be extra fit for the championship as he is running the London marathon on April 26th to raise funds for Southern Area Hospice.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sam03/05

i have heard from a good source that both dooher and oneill
will struggle to make the first round championship clash v armagh
they are rated 50/50 for it

AbbeySider

Anyone travelling for the Mayo Vs Tyrone game and is staying up on Easter Saturday night should come along to this fundraiser for The Cormac Trust.
Everyone welcome!

CORNAC TRUST/BALLINTUBBER GAA CABARET AND DRAW NIGHT
The Cormac McAnallen Trust/ and Ballintubber G.A.A Club, Fundraising Draw Finale and Cabaret Night will take place in the Welcome Inn Hotel, Castlebar on the eve of the Mayo V Tyrone game on next Saturday Night, April 11th. Music is by Phase with special guests, Philomena Begley, Comedian, Frank Forde and Mickie Harte with the Sam Maguire and Tom Markam Cups. Refreshments will be served. Doors will be open at 9pm with a Bar Extension on the night. Admission is just  €10.00. Your Support would be deeply appreciated.

RedandGreenSniper

Foreverhopeful

What a guy is our Conor Mortimer... but should the hoganstand be running this story? It's a bad sign when conor is getting the headlines for politics!