CJ out of Antrim panel. Didn't I predict this?

Started by T Fearon, March 24, 2009, 09:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I wouldn't care what he'd score every game the fact he stepped well over the line and he got what he deserved, it's only fair on the rest of the panel who stick to the rules. Why is it that the McGourty's always have a problem and are always expelled from the team...I have first hand experience of the older brothers and my impression of them would be that they're not the type of guys I'd go to the pub with for a pint, more like the guys you'd go looking for after coming from the pub...

antrim will be better off without guys like that in their team, i know it might not seem like that for a while but when the panel knows the manager won't take any shit from anybody never mind the McGourty's then Antrim can start building for the future
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 24, 2009, 10:17:26 AM
You can hardly blame the lads for going out on the drink after the match...

Though something must have gone on if he is the only one axed, is the word about the phone call true then??

I know a lot of lads that have been part of prank phone calls in their time... Hes the first I have seen axed anyway!

must have been something more than just going on drink if the other students involved are still on the panel.  will be a big loss to antrim no doubt, as he and cunningham provide their real scoring threat

Mid Down Gael

Typical Antrim again. Cannot sort their problems in house. would rather splash it over irish news. Im sure there was more than him involved in prank call but rest of under 21s are not chucked off panel. He is only 20 and fucked up, but hardly done it off his own accord. Crowd of drunken lads and it got out of control.  For the good of antrim football it should have been sorted in house.

cavan4ever

We have all-stars that go AWOL and there isnt a word about it.

Maguire01

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 24, 2009, 06:26:33 PM
Typical Antrim again. Cannot sort their problems in house. would rather splash it over irish news. Im sure there was more than him involved in prank call but rest of under 21s are not chucked off panel. He is only 20 and fucked up, but hardly done it off his own accord. Crowd of drunken lads and it got out of control.  For the good of antrim football it should have been sorted in house.
Is it Antrim's fault that it's in the papers? Do you think they could just line out without CJ for the rest of the year and the journalists wouldn't notice?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 24, 2009, 07:26:31 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 24, 2009, 06:26:33 PM
Is it Antrim's fault that it's in the papers? Do you think they could just line out without CJ for the rest of the year and the journalists wouldn't notice?

No if it was dealt with by good man management in house before papers get wind of it then it would benifit antrim more. the bad press all the time show the antrim authorities are doing something wrong.

ONeill

I think there's much more to this. There may have been a battle of wills over a few issues, one of which may have been linked to a dual player's dilemma.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2009, 08:42:17 PM
I think there's much more to this. There may have been a battle of wills over a few issues, one of which may have been linked to a dual player's dilemma.

Heard that too and another one relating to the capabilities of a trained medical professional.

There may be more, will talk to butterknife and see what I can find out.

Certainly not as black and white as the experts here paint it.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

I am sure regardless of what happened the earth will keep turning.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2009, 09:12:54 PM
I am sure regardless of what happened the earth will keep turning.

You never no!  the cork players might call a strike if it isnt spinning the right way!
Pull hard and early

imtommygunn

You can't keep stories with these boys out of the papers either. Note the only real stories to come out on antrim in a few years have invollved people of that surname. Wouldn't blame management.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 24, 2009, 09:24:23 PM
You can't keep stories with these boys out of the papers either. Note the only real stories to come out on antrim in a few years have invollved people of that surname. Wouldn't blame management.

A couple of journalists in the Irish News see to that. He mentioned possibly going to the hurlers, cant see him anywhere near the first 15 if everyone is available.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

dodgy umpire

Quote from: T O Hare on March 24, 2009, 04:40:31 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 24, 2009, 04:19:36 PM
he's not worth a f***, didn't he p*ss off last summer when things didn't go Antrim's way? You wouldn't get minors at this caper. He has let his teammates and the whole county down. Wonder will big bro give him a wee mention in this weeks GL? 

If you look at the scoring charts in the mckenna cup and NFL then you will know he is worth a lot... So he went to America during the summer when he was a student!!!! He isn't the first and he won't be the last either!!!

he left the tommy murphy cup for a chance to go to america. considering his youth and talent no one could begrudge him this.  
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 24, 2009, 08:44:44 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2009, 08:42:17 PM

Heard that too and another one relating to the capabilities of a trained medical professional.

There may be more, will talk to butterknife and see what I can find out.

Certainly not as black and white as the experts here paint it.
What's black and white is that where the McGourty's go trouble follows. Their problem seems to be their egos are bigger than their talent.

Two Hands FFS

Fair play to Bradley & Conway. Bradley has tried to sort out the indiscipline from the start.The U21's didnt go to training on Thursday night after being out on the beer from the U21 match the previous night...so thats why the other U21's were dropped for the London match. But on top of that McGourty has left these abusive voicemails on Bradleys phone. What other alternative did Bradley have?? If he had let him back he would lost all self respect. Now the rest of the players know that they cant mess with Bradley & hopefully will work together to help Antrim improve as there is talented players in that squad.