Galway v Mayo, Tuam NFL Round VI 29 March 2009

Started by Barney, March 23, 2009, 10:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

It would be a suprise if Galway don't get at least three goals on their way to a 10 to 15 point win and a standing ovation from the nation

western exile

Quote from: Barney on March 23, 2009, 10:26:08 AM
It would be a suprise if Galway don't get at least three goals on their way to a 10 to 15 point win and a standing ovation from the nation
Let the mind games begin   ;D

moysider

Quote from: western exile on March 23, 2009, 06:28:32 PM
Let the mind games begin   ;D

Mind games? We re in no position to be playing mind games. And Sammon is a coach that will always try to beat any opposition as best he can, especially Mayo. He ll be targeting 2 points here because with Kerry in the last match he ll see this as a must win game and then test themselves in the last game.  O Mahoney on the other hand probably has a better idea the team Sammon will field in the Championship than the Mayo team he s going to put out. The pieces are nt falling into place too well for us. He might stick with the spine of the team he s used so far but 6,midfield, 11 and alternative 14s to Barry Moran far from convincing.

Anybody else hear rumours going around today that Ballinasloe could be a venue for this game.

Duine Eile

Match is definitely in Tuam Moysider, they've progressed a bit with the redevelopment as far as I know. Hard to know what kind of game to expect, Mayo will be on a high after coming from behind to draw with the Dubs, Galway are still unbeaten and have yet to concede a goal in the league. By all accounts we were fairly poor against Derry, midfield were anonymous, no score from Armstrong, Padraic, Dunleavy, backs were a bit dodgy as well. Could be an interesting game. This is one Galway really need to pick up 2 points in, Kerry away is going to be the real acid test for this Galway team. I think we'll see Bradshaw back in after his exams, maybe Nicky for Dunleavy, very quiet against Derry after his stormer against Donegal,whatever the team it's really a must win game for Galway if we want a place in the final, I can't see us beating Kerry, especially in Kerry. Great to see a big game like this back in Tuam though and not just because it's 5mins from Barnaderg, we might have a bit of an atmosphere now on Sunday.

Oh and I'd say Mayo will beat us out the gate on Sunday, far superior outfit all over the pitch.  ;)

rosnarun

no not mind games Mayo fans in general have become a true mirror image of the nations declining morale .
where as i with my more sunny nature and diposition have seen the team improve steadily  over the league . after an awful start in ballina losing to derry a nadir was reached in the first 40 minute against Donegal , MAyoo seemed to have found a bit of character giving West meath a welll deserved hammering a good show against an unbeaten kerry and a Draw against dublin after giving them a  5 point start .
It wasnt pretty but im much encouraged that they stucjk to the task and got something out of a tight games un like the last number of year when almost every game seemed to slip by for the want of a bit of guts at the end. my main Criticism Of JOM
Also with have a very healthy crop of u21's coming through the Future is bright .
hope galway haven't peaked too soon in the year. we need another good run out on sunday
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

IolarCoisCuain

I don't know who makes your poitín Rosnarun but it's clearly the hardest tack in the history of unregulated distilling. Once you start hallucinating you know you're on a right hard drop.  :D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on March 24, 2009, 09:14:50 AM
I don't know who makes your poitín Rosnarun but it's clearly the hardest tack in the history of unregulated distilling. Once you start hallucinating you know you're on a right hard drop.  :D

:D I don't think ros can even use that as an excuse icc think he said he is a tea tottler
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

:D :D :D  ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on March 24, 2009, 12:04:41 AM
no not mind games Mayo fans in general have become a true mirror image of the nations declining morale .
where as i with my more sunny nature and diposition have seen the team improve steadily  over the league . after an awful start in ballina losing to derry a nadir was reached in the first 40 minute against Donegal , MAyoo seemed to have found a bit of character giving West meath a welll deserved hammering a good show against an unbeaten kerry and a Draw against dublin after giving them a  5 point start .
It wasnt pretty but im much encouraged that they stucjk to the task and got something out of a tight games un like the last number of year when almost every game seemed to slip by for the want of a bit of guts at the end. my main Criticism Of JOM
Also with have a very healthy crop of u21's coming through the Future is bright .
hope galway haven't peaked too soon in the year. we need another good run out on sunday
Togha fir, ros!.
Tell the begrudgers to burglar off for themselves.
I can say with hand on heart that I have seldom come across anything about Mayo football that makes the same amount of sense as what you wrote last night. (BTW, it was about Mayo football, wasn't it?) ;D
Mind you, Moysider did come close one time. It was last year when he had put in a serious session of pinting and then started belting the keyboard. I can tell ya that I still haven't gotten over the shock.
Hey, I just  checked the timing of your post and maybe it explains things a lot; did yer local shut early, by any chance? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Maybe O'Mahony might actually give the 'hairdryer treatment' to anyone who played poorly on Sunday. Then hopefully he will remind them that they have to compete with Galway on Sunday in Tuam. Then hopefully he will pick a goodish team based on the fact that the u-21s are back and free for this weekend's game. You never know how Mayo Galway games go, being an eternal optimist when things seem dark, maybe just maybe we might achieve something on Sunday. Afterall night is darkest just before the dawn...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

thats grand but dont come running to me looking for tickets next september.  or space on the floor in my room in Jury's
Maybe there was a lot i didnt say. but i stand over everything i did . the Graph is on the way up
well remembered Deel Pioneer and proud of it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GalwayBayBoy

m@yoman

no doubt the Fields of Athenry will be belted out as well.... ::) ::)

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: m@yoman on March 24, 2009, 09:29:05 PM

no doubt the Fields of Athenry will be belted out as well.... ::) ::)

For a Mayo match? Doubtful I'd say, it wouldn't exactly match hammering the Dubs out the gate at all , sure what is it now - 3 wins on the spin against ye?
Seeing as we are safe in Division 1 now it'd be more in our line to give ye a badly needed win and keep the rivalry competitive  ;)

On a more serious note, it will be interesting to see if Galway can try and be more competitive around the midfield area this Sunday after what seems like a bit of a wipeout there against Derry, no matter how good your forwards are they are not going to do much without the ball and 1-2 in 35 minutes with a big wind advantage is not a trend that the team will want to repeat.

Looking at the photo above are Nallen or Heaney going to give it another go this year, or have they given it up altogether?

the Deel Rover

John o will probably give them a text in the next week or 2
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001