Tír Eoghain vs Doire NFL 2009

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 22, 2009, 10:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteIs Dooher near a run-out?

Saw him & O'Neill swimming & then doing gym work.  Neither be back till Championship time.  Just as well as we need them and they are 2 men that do not need league games under the belt.,

orangeman

Taken from the Derry football thread -

Sean Cavanagh has admitted he would love to stick it to rivals Derry on Saturday night after last year's 'showboating' at Celtic Park.

Derry hosted an won the corresponding 2008 league fixture and celebrated, according to Tyrone star Cavanagh by goading their great rivals. 'If we're looking for something to kick-start our season then a game with Derry is certain going to answer that,' said Cavanagh. 'We played them last year up in Celtic Park and there were a few "tackles" that night.

'Paddy Bradley was toeing the ball a bit at the end, maybe a wee bit of showboating from the Derry guy's that maybe didn't sit too well with the Tyrone supporters or us.'

Cavanagh also added his voice to growing calls for Tyrone's May 31 Ulster SFC clash with Armagh to be moved from Omagh to Croke Park.

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2009, 01:51:18 PM
Taken from the Derry football thread -

Sean Cavanagh has admitted he would love to stick it to rivals Derry on Saturday night after last year's 'showboating' at Celtic Park.

Derry hosted an won the corresponding 2008 league fixture and celebrated, according to Tyrone star Cavanagh by goading their great rivals. 'If we're looking for something to kick-start our season then a game with Derry is certain going to answer that,' said Cavanagh. 'We played them last year up in Celtic Park and there were a few "tackles" that night.

'Paddy Bradley was toeing the ball a bit at the end, maybe a wee bit of showboating from the Derry guy's that maybe didn't sit too well with the Tyrone supporters or us.'

Cavanagh also added his voice to growing calls for Tyrone's May 31 Ulster SFC clash with Armagh to be moved from Omagh to Croke Park.

::) ::) ::) ::)

It'll be interesting to see what kind of team we put out. I have a notion that Cassidy will not be too interested in winning this game (Championship rivalries are what matters to Cassidy not preceived league rivalries) and will just use it as a chance to give fringe players some game time. In fairness though most new lads who have come in previously have stepped up when needed. Not too worried about the game though as it's more important for Tyrone to win it than us. It's full steam ahead to the Monaghan game now I reckon.

under the bar

QuoteCavanagh also added his voice to growing calls for Tyrone's May 31 Ulster SFC clash with Armagh to be moved from Omagh to Croke Park.

Is the Healy Park pitch considerably smaller than that at Croker?  Anyone know the dimensions? 

KingLarsson

I think derry could win this wan by as much as ten points the difference in the teams is so big right now

rrhf

Thats the war cry we need to send the inbreds back home over the Sperrins with their cousins. Tir Eoghain Abu!!.  

longrunsthefox

Quote from: under the bar on March 25, 2009, 02:33:33 PM
QuoteCavanagh also added his voice to growing calls for Tyrone's May 31 Ulster SFC clash with Armagh to be moved from Omagh to Croke Park.

Is the Healy Park pitch considerably smaller than that at Croker?  Anyone know the dimensions? 

Is this the same Sean was complaining in today's Star about players expenses having to travel to training? Costs a lot of money for us supporters to go to Croke Park especially with a family but hey! I'm sure the GPA aren't too concerned about that.

screenexile

I just hope there's not too many Mucksavage Tyrone weemen about wearing their Tattyreagh/Eskra/Edendork Geansai's and UnderArmour underneath them... if they look at you the wrong way their brother/husband/cousin (All the one man) usually takes offence and starts the ruck! They were well behaved in Celtic Park last year but it will likely be different on their home patch!

Will Hunting

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2009, 01:51:18 PM

Is this the same Cavanagh (or 'Sean' as the Tyrone posters call him) that walked off Croke Park last year bawling his eyes out because he had hurt his leg? Was funny the other night to see him going over to help 'Colm' in his wee tantrum with the umpire!  :D :D

As for the game, it's an irrelevant one for Derry. More fringe players to get a game as other posters have said. No point in going hell for leather against the inbreds in March. A win would be nice though  :)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Will Hunting on March 25, 2009, 03:53:06 PM
No point in going hell for leather against the inbreds in March.

You're talking about a Derry training game here I take it?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 25, 2009, 02:43:01 PM
Quote from: under the bar on March 25, 2009, 02:33:33 PM

Is this the same Sean was complaining in today's Star about players expenses having to travel to training? Costs a lot of money for us supporters to go to Croke Park especially with a family but hey! I'm sure the GPA aren't too concerned about that.

Six of Gaelic Games' greats were also named as Opel Brand Ambassadors today, including:

Tadhg Kennelly - Kerry Footballer   a Kerry great ???  ;)
Alan Brogan - Dublin Footballer
Sean Cavanagh - Tyrone Footballer
Joe Canning - Galway Hurler
Dan Shanahan - Waterford Hurler
Eddie Brennan - Kilkenny Hurler
Each Brand Ambassador was presented with an Opel car for a period of two years.

ziggysego

I'll say Tyrone will be able to lift themselves for this game. MH isn't going full whack, as thankfully he doesn't want to win every game now. Much better to progress naturally over the year and hit when it's possible.

However he'll want to preserve Division 1 status for next year, so it is a must-win game for us.

Still, it's nice to leave the inbred looking bewildered after 70 minutes.
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Cavanagh does realise that we can't all go to a presentation night and charge a fortune doesnt he?  A trip to croker isnt a cheap day out, but sure as long as sean gets another game in Croke Park.

Think Derry will put out another experimental team, been going well so far so don't see any reason as to why we can't win this one with a "weakened" team.

Quote from: ziggysego on March 25, 2009, 04:15:03 PM
I'll say Tyrone will be able to lift themselves for this game. MH isn't going full whack, as thankfully he doesn't want to win every game now. Much better to progress naturally over the year and hit when it's possible.

However he'll want to preserve Division 1 status for next year, so it is a must-win game for us.

Still, it's nice to leave the inbred looking bewildered after 70 minutes.

It is Ziggy, I was at Celtic Park last year.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.