Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: KingLarsson on March 23, 2009, 11:24:43 AM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on March 23, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: KingLarsson on March 23, 2009, 10:39:40 AM
Wer gunna do youns tyrone wans!!!

numpty!

??? can i not voice my opinion?

You sure can KL, but why not wait until after the game?  You'll find that comments like the one above can comeback and bit you on the ass.
In your Endo!

KingLarsson

well hi, il let them bite me. But the numpty comment is uncalled for

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: KingLarsson on March 23, 2009, 11:30:03 AM

We'll see  ;)
In your Endo!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: uselessfootballer on March 23, 2009, 11:03:04 AM
I would be more than a wee bit worried about  this Saturday's game.
Derry took the piss a bit last year and they are undoubtably a better side at the same stage this year. I also think that Tyone are a bit behind where they were at this stage last year, so those 2 factors together could lead to an embarassing night.
Hopefully through fear of being completely embarassed by Derry can lead to the senior guys lifting the performance a bit, but the intensity and workrate from the half back and half forward lines is missing and probably will be until the middle of the championship. Also in the middle of the field McGinley or Cavanagh (Sean) need to start, to workhorse players such as Holmes and Hughes don't work together.
Here's hoping but probably a night when Red Hand children should be kept at home and away from the TV

Couldnt agree with that. Tyrone were really pretty poor in the league last season and there was little indication of what was to come in the summer. Indeed plenty of people would have said this time last year that Tyrone were finished as AI contenders.I dont think they would say that at this stage.

In the early years of Mickey's reign Tyrone went all out to win everything, McKenna and League included, and there wasnt all that much experimentation. It worked at that time but there a lot more miles on the clock now and the strategy has changed. Of course the team still aims to win every match but there is a lot of chopping and changing in the McKenna and League. The aim now is for the team to really hit the ground running when it matters, ie August and September. The main thing at this stage is to work on the fitness, hopefully uncover some new options (ie Cassidy) and to hope that the key men are injury free come the championship. And to make sure Division 1 status is regained as playing the top teams is the best way to prepare for the summer. Another win should be enough to achieve that.

Kentucky Blue

For derry's relatively handy win in celtic park last year, it didnt count for nothing come the championship. Individually the likes of paddy bradley had a field day but as for this year I would greatly take a beating from Tyrone in the league if it meant derry bucked into gear for the championship.
Think Cassidy is shrewd enough. Dont think his full hand will be on show as derry dont need the points as such.

But every man will be playing for their place and they will know if they can do well and win their duel agianst a Tyrone player, they will go a long way to securing their place in the first 15.
Tyrone are still the benchmark having won Sam last year so it will be a good test.

I expect a really tight, lively affair. Derry 1-11 Tyrone 0-14  :D

rrhf

I fancy Tyrone on this one,  I know we are playing poorly but we will be okay for Derry, always take Derry when we need to.  The revenge factor for the 06 championship will be a key point.  If we lose this we are probably down, so I fancy a bit of improvement.   

charlie stubbs

Quote from: rrhf on March 23, 2009, 12:34:26 PM
I fancy Tyrone on this one,  I know we are playing poorly but we will be okay for Derry, always take Derry when we need to.  The revenge factor for the 06 championship will be a key point.  If we lose this we are probably down, so I fancy a bit of improvement.   

id agree with that tyrone are always at their best i think when they are written off e.g. by alot of people after last years league and before dublin game last year.  the added incentive of playing derry will lift them also.  dont think mh will let them 4get bradley taking the hand fllicking the ball up last year

BennyHarp

Yeah, i wouldnt be too worried about the form this time of year - with aging legs and lads with alot of miles on the clock, i'd say mickey has abondoned his philosphy of a few years ago of trying to flat out win every game! I think now the focus is on a more gradual progression to peak form in August and September! So as far as i'm concerned, i 'd be delighted to see Paddy Bradley doing a few kick ups on saturday night - it may come back to bite him!

Quote from: KingLarsson on March 23, 2009, 11:30:03 AM

I agree the numpty comment was uncalled for - i thought it was quite an intelligent post from KingLarsson - for a 3 year old!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

It'd be good to see a somewhat championship-look settled side for these last 2 games v L/Derry and Mayo.

Anyone penetrate Mickey's circle?:

Is Dooher near a run-out?
Is O'Neill near a run-out
McGinley?
How's Ricey cupping coping?

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

red hander

Quote from: whiskeysteve on March 22, 2009, 10:43:21 PM
we are not inbred.

you are all inbred.

Your sisters are your mothers.

and your young folk have turned the Holylands into a warzone

The Hills Have Eyes was a documentary about Tyrone.

Sure Deliverance was a reality TV show shot around Bellaghy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Anybody know why Cassidy was withdrawn at the last minute for the Donegal game?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyronefan

hamstring was tight at training on thursday night and mickey didn't want to chance it

he should be ok for this weekend

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sláinte tf, good news. Another feckin' hamstring though, MH should get the lads on the bikes with Stevie up around the Sperrins.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!