Names As gaelige for team sheets (Ladies football)

Started by amallon, March 20, 2009, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Lads we've started a ladies football team and I've been asked to do the teamsheet so it can be printed before every game.   Two questions, did something not come in recently whereby you don't need to translate the names to Irish?  If I do need to put them in Irish can anyone post a link to a useful site which would help or even email me a document with irish names listed. PM me if you want to email something my way
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Orior

Quote from: amallon on March 20, 2009, 09:34:42 AM
Lads we've started a ladies football team and I've been asked to do the teamsheet so it can be printed before every game.   Two questions, did something not come in recently whereby you don't need to translate the names to Irish?  If I do need to put them in Irish can anyone post a link to a useful site which would help or even email me a document with irish names listed. PM me if you want to email something my way

Cool. You can have some O'Hanlons boys on a free transfer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

amallon

BCB out ladies are ladies not like some of those hallions up in Cross  ;)

Carbery that site is great, I used it before but could find it again.  I'm still missing a couple can anyone help?

Kerrie
Lisa
Charlene
Martina
Nicole
Andrea
Naomi
Shauna
McGovern

I didn't even attempt the Jordan's, Courtneys' and  Harleys!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: amallon on March 20, 2009, 10:21:53 AM
BCB out ladies are ladies not like some of those hallions up in Cross  ;)

Carbery that site is great, I used it before but could find it again.  I'm still missing a couple can anyone help?

Kerrie
Lisa
Charlene
Martina
Nicole
Andrea
Naomi
Shauna
McGovern

I didn't even attempt the Jordan's, Courtneys' and  Harleys!
think mcGovern is macgabhrann or ni gabhrann for the ladies

bingobus

We are using the GAA registration package. It is from Croke Park and is basically a database for your club membership. It lists all club members and from that you can set up all your playing teams.

Its all in English but the teamsheets will list all the players in English, Irish and DOB. Very, very handy. Takes a bit of time to set up but is worth it. Prints the teamsheet at the touch of a botton.

amallon

That sounds like a useful tool bongobus, we did our registrations online too so maybe we should be able to use the same application.

Fionntamhnach Is the ladies team sheet book the same as the mens?  Our league starts on Sunday and I don't think we have an official ladies football team sheet book.

amallon

thewobbler

McGovern is MacShamran. I'll let you decide where to place the fadas!

Shauna is Seána and Naomi would be Niamh. I'd imagine Martina, Kerrie and Andrea wouldn't be far away from their male equivalents.

We've a fella coming through the ranks with a forename of Harrison. That should be interesting. 

amallon

I'm not involved with them (and I mean that in the cleanest possible way)!  I just setup the team sheets for those managers who want to print them out on the day of matches.

Cheers Wobbler

screenexile

I take our Ladies Football team and was posting away a reply til I noticed Fionntamhnach has basically covered it a lot more comprehensively than I have. So basically... what he said!

Rois

Good luck getting a team sheet book out of the Ladies County Board!  But that's the way to get them - get the secretary to email the Down sec before the next meeting and tell her you need one (next meeting is about three weeks away though - might be worth offering to pick up).

We have two Down adult ladies teams and I've never once heard anyone ask to translate the names so think you should be ok with that.

Leagues starting this weekend but our intermediate match has been postponed due to bereavement.  Senior game going ahead - am presuming you're joining in at junior level?  Good luck to you anyway!

Rossfan

Quote from: thewobbler on March 20, 2009, 01:22:21 PM
McGovern is MacShamran.
We've a fella coming through the ranks with a forename of Harrison. . 
A female McGovern woud be Nic Shamhrain.
Harrisan -- Mac Airis ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

I love this topic every time it comes up. It reminds me of the old Wu Tang Clan name generator!
Right so your name is Chantelle, lets enter your details into our Name Oirish-iser and see what comes out. Ah you can have a choice of Seànteal or Síantel, either is fine.