The Apprentice (2009)

Started by Tony Baloney, March 18, 2009, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

Quotedefo, whats the odds on Yasmina to win, this, shoe in imo

lads, I have a bit of inside info from the beeb.

Yasmina had some people out on a business lunch on tuesday and charged it to alan sugars account. The guy that owned the restaurant rang the bbc saying that this must mean that Yasmina is his new apprentice, and he was going to the papers.
The people at the bbc (my inside info) had a lot of persuading to do so that he wouldn't go to the papers.

We knew this before yesterdays shown when there were still 5 in it.

I think you should all go and bet your houses on her to win.

I won't though, because that would be silly.

Gaffer

When was last nights show actually recorded?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Maguire01

When is the final recorded - or at least the final decision? I'd doubt the bookies would take bets on a pre-recorded show.

milltown row

no bets on the Apprentice. cant find them anywhere. watching were they were sitting in the office when Sugar said "your hired" it looked like he was pointing towards Kate. Kate would have been a better choice IMO.

supersub

Quote from: milltown row on June 04, 2009, 07:06:47 PM
no bets on the Apprentice. cant find them anywhere. watching were they were sitting in the office when Sugar said "your hired" it looked like he was pointing towards Kate. Kate would have been a better choice IMO.

No point looking at where they were sitting, the final hadn't been recorded at that stage!  Its being recorded today and only he will know until Sunday who has won. Also how could anyone know who is the apprentice when Alan hasn't decided himself yet! :o

Dinny Breen

Isn't most of the show recored 6 months ago and then the final two then work for 6 months for Sugar before the final show and decision time?
#newbridgeornowhere

supersub

yeh they have worked for him for 6 months now and today he records the final boardroom scene, but they record both of them being told they're hired. Just before transmission on sunday he tells producers which one to play!

WeeDonns

Didn't know they have been working for him for 6 months. It would make sense then for both Kate & Yasmina to be charging business meals to Sugar's account. Frigg that 'inside info'

Hard to know then who'll win it. I think Kate would be the better choice but then he doesn't always make the best choice and he doesn't like her 'roboticness' plus he might prefer Yasmina as she has shown entrepreneurship by starting up her own business and making good profit on her catering task.

Surely though, his opinion will be based more on the 6 months they've worked for him and not much on the 10 weeks on the show, so we don't know how they've performed in that time.

Either way, it doesn't matter, as I'm gona win it next year :)

Bogball XV

This was the first series I watched, it's relatively good tv, but that's it.

I thought in general the candidates were pretty poor, Kate is reasonable, Howard was okay, Ben wasn't bad (despite being a total twat), Debra is a saleswoman, Yasmina is average, the rest weren't great at all.  I'm sure they can handle the job at the end of it, but is it a case that the job is essentially manufactured for the programme?

I thought the guff that Sugar talked about how the decision to let Debra go might be the worst decision he's ever made was a totally ott, I mean ffs..

Hard to justify a Yasmina win, but I reckon that's what he's going to plump for.

Derry Dolly

that twat ben was in a club in bfast on thurs nite..an absolute toss pot..a couple of girls asked him for his foto and he completey ignored them as if he actually was somebody  >:( >:(
wasnt me btw.lol i didn even catch on to who he was cos i dnt watch the show.

Maguire01

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 07, 2009, 12:39:15 AM
that t**t ben was in a club in bfast on thurs nite..an absolute toss pot..a couple of girls asked him for his foto and he completey ignored them as if he actually was somebody  >:( >:(
Well the fact that people wanted his photo in the first place...

Maguire01

QuoteSir Alan's sidekick to leave show  

Sir Alan Sugar's Apprentice sidekick Margaret Mountford has said she will leave the show.

Ms Mountford, 56, from Holywood in County Down, has quit after five years to concentrate on her academic studies of ancient Egyptian manuscripts.

She was Sir Alan's eyes and ears alongside Nick Hewer, with the pair reporting back to their boss on how contestants did in their tasks.

"I enjoyed the Apprentice, it was a hard to say goodbye," she said.

"But I am working on a PhD in papyrology and I would like to concentrate on finishing this before I need a Zimmer frame to get on the platform to receive it.

"It has been an amazing experience, and certainly not one that I will ever forget."

Ms Mountford was educated in Belfast before going to university in England where she became a solicitor. She is studying for her PhD at at University College London.

She first met Sir Alan in the 1980s when she was hired to advise him on legal issues with his firm, Amstrad.

Sir Alan said: "Margaret has been a highly regarded colleague and friend for over 25 years.

"Five years ago she agreed to put her studies on hold for the first series.

"None of us expected the show to be such a big hit, but now, five years later, she really wants to finish her masters.

"We will miss her, but I respect her wishes and want to take this opportunity to thank her for the great contribution she has made to the series and of course wish her the best of luck with her studies."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8087717.stm

Our Nail Loney

Lads you can't bet on the Apprentice as it isn't a live show, all pre recorded and the results could come out at any time

Sure look at that tit Ben running around Belfast blocked when he was still on the show, telling people what was gonna happen...

Archie Mitchell

The way this final task is going so far, it's clear who isgoing to win. Kate way ahead IMO but you never know.