10. M O Rourke
11. B Mallon
12. P Toal
13. S Mc Donnell
14. R Clarke
15. (Few options) S Kernan, T Kernon, K O Rourke, R Henderson,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Armamike

Vernon and Toner could complement each other well. I'd like to see them get a full game. If fit later in the year Paul McGrane would still be worth springing from the bench for the second half, the way Galway used Walsh a few years back. I've lost any faith i had in Moriarity, concedes just about every ball to his marker and then concedes a score or a free. Never gets out in front of his man.  McKeown's worth a try, though i wouldn't be expecting a lot from him straightaway.  I'd have a worry with the wing backs in that line up - neither Kernan or Donnelly are good markers. Having said that dunno how good Kildare in the half forwards. It's going to be difficult this year again to get the balance right in that line.  As others have suggested it's time to try someone other than AOR at chb. We've still got a problem at CHF. Brian Mallon has looked a bit lightweight for that role in the league so far. The jury's still out on S Kernan after the Wexford game last year.  Will be interesting to see if Toal can get produce a couple of consistent performances from the half forwards in the last few league games. We badly need someone like him to step up now and start producing regularly.  There's a lot of players to come back but i'm not sure how far they'll go to solving some of the problem areas.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Armamike on March 16, 2009, 01:18:15 PM
Vernon and Toner could complement each other well. I'd like to see them get a full game. If fit later in the year Paul McGrane would still be worth springing from the bench for the second half, the way Galway used Walsh a few years back. I've lost any faith i had in Moriarity, concedes just about every ball to his marker and then concedes a score or a free. Never gets out in front of his man.  McKeown's worth a try, though i wouldn't be expecting a lot from him straightaway.  I'd have a worry with the wing backs in that line up - neither Kernan or Donnelly are good markers. Having said that dunno how good Kildare in the half forwards. It's going to be difficult this year again to get the balance right in that line.  As others have suggested it's time to try someone other than AOR at chb. We've still got a problem at CHF. Brian Mallon has looked a bit lightweight for that role in the league so far. The jury's still out on S Kernan after the Wexford game last year.  Will be interesting to see if Toal can get produce a couple of consistent performances from the half forwards in the last few league games. We badly need someone like him to step up now and start producing regularly.  There's a lot of players to come back but i'm not sure how far they'll go to solving some of the problem areas.

I agree with you to a certain extent re Kernan, but Donnelly is a great marker and fantastic tackler

Armamike

Onion -  i used to think that myself but i've seen him play a few times for Ogs and Armagh this year and he's been very loose. Good enough ploughing forward but his man has taken a few scores. Just my impression of him at the minute.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Onion Bag

Well we need to get 2 Half backs either side of Mc Keever, and it is only opinion that they should be Kernan and JP, coz no way should AOR be anywhere near it

Onion Bag

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 15, 2009, 09:25:21 PM
On a slight aside, I'd say its odds on at this stage that Geezer will be our next manager. Great to see him doing so well with Kildare.

Think we actually might have a fair bit of the Cross contingent. The less experienced players will want to stake their claim as soon as possible with most of the league gone and I'd say there's a decent chance the Kernans might make themselves available. Would like to see Toner starting at full back and McKenna given a chance at midfield.

I think there may be bridges Burnt between Geezer and Armagh, i would love to see him at the helm

Over the Bar

Tensions have risen ahead of Armagh's vital away game against Kildare in the NFL, managed by ex-Armagh captain Kieran McGeeney.   McGeeney and current Armagh manager Peter McDonnell were once club mates in Mullaghbawn, South Armagh however McGeeney later opted to play his club football with Na Fianna in Dublin and the two have had a somewhat frosty relationship ever since.  McGeeney was said privately to have been enraged when McDonnell was appointed to the Armagh Senior managerial position in 2007 ahead of McGeeney's long-time buddy Paul Grimley.

Their relationship has now been further soured by McDonnell who has referred to McGeeney as a "turncoat", a term which has provoked a reaction from the 2002 All-Ireland winning captain.    "What would Peter McDonnell know?"  said McGeeney. "He's just a talentless version of Peter Canavan" referring to McDonnells hairless dome.  "and what's more he couldnt even beat a shite Wexford side".

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 16, 2009, 01:33:19 PM
Quote from: Armamike on March 16, 2009, 01:18:15 PM

I agree with you to a certain extent re Kernan, but Donnelly is a great marker and fantastic tackler

Can't agree with about Donnelly being a good marker and tackler; for me he is a liability prone to giving away frees or getting put off. I wouldn't have him next nor near the panel. I'd much prefer young Shannon or P Duffy.
"Stercus accidit"

Onion Bag

Real1995

I wold like to see;

Rogers

Mallon              Paul Kernan          McKeown
          AK                     McKeever           Shannon

Vernon
                                    Toner

Mallon             S McDonnell             Mckenna
         Henderson             Clarke               Toal
Nice guys always finish second!

Real1995

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 16, 2009, 02:10:21 PM
Their relationship has now been further soured by McDonnell who has referred to McGeeney as a "turncoat", a term which has provoked a reaction from the 2002 All-Ireland winning captain.    "What would Peter McDonnell know?"  said McGeeney. "He's just a talentless version of Peter Canavan" referring to McDonnells hairless dome.  "and what's more he couldnt even beat a shite Wexford side".

What complete tripe!!  ::)  Where is your evidence of this?? 
Nice guys always finish second!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Real1995 on March 16, 2009, 02:39:07 PM

Thank God my mother left Mullaghbawn if they can't even teach ye to see a wind up when it is straight in front of you!

Onion Bag

1995 i think OTB is extracting the urine!  :D :D

stpauls

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 16, 2009, 02:47:04 PM

Thank God my mother left Mullaghbawn if they can't even teach ye to see a wind up when it is straight in front of you!

even i caught on to that one!!  ;)

Orior

Tensions have risen ahead of Armagh's vital away game against Kildare in the NFL, managed by ex-Armagh captain Kieran McGeeney.   McGeeney and current Armagh manager Peter McDonnell were once club mates in Mullaghbawn, South Armagh however McGeeney later opted to play his club football with Na Fianna in Dublin and the two have had a somewhat frosty relationship ever since.  McGeeney was said privately to have been enraged when McDonnell was appointed to the Armagh Senior managerial position in 2007 ahead of McGeeney's long-time buddy Paul Grimley.

You need lessons from ONeill on how to spin a yarn, son.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians