Kildare vs. Armagh Sun. March 22

Started by Oraisteach, March 15, 2009, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Revenge of the Geezer?  Game in Newbridge.

Will be a very difficult encounter.  Kildare very much in the race for promotion, Armagh nestled comfortably in the middle of the league, but by no means secure.  Will any of the Cross boys be available?  Will playing against Geezer fuel Armagh's motivation?

mountainboii

Can't see Armagh getting anything out of this even with the Cross boys, who I expect will be back.

I think Kildare will have too much around the middle and Doyle will crucify us from the glut of frees Finn Mo et al. will inevitably concede.

Might be quite a similar game to the one two years ago down there.

bennydorano

MF looks the danger area for Armagh alright.  A few big seasoned campaigners in there against 2 inexperienced 22 yr old lads.  Would be a nice game for McGrane to feature.

Malone Aristocrat

I assume there'll be a few cross men in for this one?

Orior

Even if McDonnell studies the Monaghan comeback today in detail, I doubt that Armagh have the players to match the skill and energy shown by Kildare in the first half of their match against Monaghan. Emm... I hope that makes sense.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mackers

Agree with all of the above posts, don't fancy us to get anything out of this match. We've been cleaned out by much worse midfields than Kildare's. Geezer seems to have Kildare going very well and Newbridge has never been a happy hunting ground for Armagh. I remember Paddy Mo missing a peno there when I was hardly tall enough to see over the wall. Don't remember ever winning there.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Over the Bar

I wonder if Armagh will try the physical approach? ;D

Dinny Breen

I'll be here later in the week to talk about this but I'm just fearful now that RTE's pundit's have started talking us up.......
#newbridgeornowhere

cill_dara

Alot of hype alright dinny , we have had many good league runs and fallen flat in championship. But I think geezer is a man that is definitely the best man to keep feet on the ground. Was Giving away very little about going into battle with the home county next week. Should be a good one!!

mackers

Kildare may well encounter problems later in the year but the one I will guarantee won't happen under Geezer and Grimley will be complacency!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

On a slight aside, I'd say its odds on at this stage that Geezer will be our next manager. Great to see him doing so well with Kildare.

Think we actually might have a fair bit of the Cross contingent. The less experienced players will want to stake their claim as soon as possible with most of the league gone and I'd say there's a decent chance the Kernans might make themselves available. Would like to see Toner starting at full back and McKenna given a chance at midfield.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

McGrane won;t be back I don't think.

Too early for a team guess? The Cross boys will feature and would be nice to see a few potentials get a run.

Team

Rodgers
Mallon Toner P McKeown
Shannon O Rourke McKeever
Vernon McKenna
Mallon SK MOR
McDonnell Clarke  One from ten or so.

Maguire01

Looking for Armagh to do us a bit of a favour here! Kildare have to be favourites, especially being at home.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Would like to see something along the lines of;

Rodgers

Mallon Toner P McKeown / Finn Mo
A Kernan  C McKeever JP Donnelly / Paul Duffy

Vernon  McKenna

Ma O'Rourke Mallon  Henderson
McDonnell  Clarke  K O'Rourke
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano