Where to get rid of coins?

Started by Boolerhead Mel, March 14, 2009, 10:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boolerhead Mel

Folks Can anyone help

I have collected, counted and bagged some £90 of coins(1,2,5 and 10p)  which I was going to deposit in the bank and take the money out to buy the kids some treats. However When I arrived at the nationwide this morning I was informed that I could only deposit 5 bags-no good considering I had 40 coin bags with me. Where can I get rid of the other bags-bloody annoyed that I can't put money into my own account needless to say the staff where not much help!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on March 14, 2009, 10:12:21 AM
Folks Can anyone help

I have collected, counted and bagged some £90 of coins(1,2,5 and 10p)  which I was going to deposit in the bank and take the money out to buy the kids some treats. However When I arrived at the nationwide this morning I was informed that I could only deposit 5 bags-no good considering I had 40 coin bags with me. Where can I get rid of the other bags-bloody annoyed that I can't put money into my own account needless to say the staff where not much help!
I know bank of ireland get you to seperate them and put them in to their money bags, didnt they tell you to do this?
If they still would only take 4 bags I'd be telling them I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on March 14, 2009, 10:12:21 AM
Folks Can anyone help

Try your local bookies, as long as you know a member of the staff, i wouldn't take that amount of coins off a stranger

Boolerhead Mel

Pints

All coins where counted and sorted into correct amounts in each bag there was no need for them to do anything other than weigh the bags if they wanted to-I just got rid of £50 in silver-just 30 pounds in 1p and 2p bags and 2 bags with a fiver each in 10p's!!

The GAA

If you're acquainted with a bar at all i'd say they should by the change off you.

banks will be chaging them for buying change every week

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on March 14, 2009, 10:53:24 AM
Pints

All coins where counted and sorted into correct amounts in each bag there was no need for them to do anything other than weigh the bags if they wanted to-I just got rid of £50 in silver-just 30 pounds in 1p and 2p bags and 2 bags with a fiver each in 10p's!!
I'd be telling them I'm closing my account and taking my business elsewhere. 
I use to collect coins and I've gone to BOI with up to £500 in stg, in the right bags, never a problem.
I then use to go to BOI in Dundalk with a couple of hundred euro in bags, never a problem. 

A bank not letting you deposit your money, that's a good one!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 14, 2009, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on March 14, 2009, 10:53:24 AM
Pints

I'd be telling them I'm closing my account and taking my business elsewhere. 
I use to collect coins and I've gone to BOI with up to £500 in stg, in the right bags, never a problem.
I then use to go to BOI in Dundalk with a couple of hundred euro in bags, never a problem. 

A bank not letting you deposit your money, that's a good one!

I used to collect money from schoolkids for various little purchases and in time, over a term, the loose coins would add up to a considerable amount.
I had an arrangement with my local publican, who gladly took the lot.
Naturally, I had them counted beforehand and was able to give him an indication in advance of the number and value of what I was going to come up with.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Donagh

Give them to Trócaire Mel, ya tight wad.

ziggysego

Well said Donagh. That or the Post Office.
Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

Id say most local shops or pubs or other similar businesses would happily take the change.  I know we definitely would, it would save us going in to the bank to get change every few days!

Zapatista

Quote from: Donagh on March 14, 2009, 12:24:20 PM
Give them to Trócaire Mel, ya tight wad.

Was just about about to suggest that.