Antrim Shooting thread.

Started by Gaaboardmod3, March 09, 2009, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

See that clown Double Cross started another thread there

Galwaybhoy

No, another dead. :-[

I hope this doesn't cause any retaliations from the Loyalist side.  After years of peace this is the worst thing that could have happened.

corn02

Killed investigating a suspicious device.

winsamsoon

These idiots have started something that has the potential to set us back 20 years. These guys should be singled out of society before they gain any support
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

maggie

Terrible news.
It really sickens me to think we could go back to the way things were............

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 09, 2009, 11:15:32 PM

I hope this doesn't cause any retaliations from the Loyalist side.  After years of peace this is the worst thing that could have happened.
This is what these idiots fail to understand, they are putting innocent catholics at risk by their actions.  They have no coherent strategy and are simply trying to satisfy their twisted blood thirst for killing.
According to Sky news he was shot in the head whilst in a patrol car, very cold and calculated.  

Tony Baloney

I hope this doesn't cause any retaliations from the Loyalist side.  After years of peace this is the worst thing that could have happened.
Can't see the loyalists getting involved in anything that has almost no support in Catholic/Nationalist/Republican community. I hope I'm right.

I have no idea whose cause this furthers. More checkpoints, more funerals, Brits on the streets and reinforced barracks, children asking why people are being shot. Thanks for the memories bastards.

gawa316

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 09, 2009, 11:20:47 PM

I hope this doesn't cause any retaliations from the Loyalist side.  After years of peace this is the worst thing that could have happened.
This is what these idiots fail to understand, they are putting innocent catholics at risk by their actions.  They have no coherent strategy and are simply trying to satisfy their twisted blood thirst for killing.
According to Sky news he was shot in the head whilst in a patrol car, very cold and calculated.  

Would I also be right to say there is a chance they might kill catholic PSNI officers or would they know the targets?

winsamsoon

The only saving grace with regardes retaliation is the fact that the police are now accepted by certain sections of the wider society as mixed. Therefore it can be seen as an attack on the whole community and no longer an attack on the "crown forces" Although they are still the crown forces they are now made up of a better mixture of all sections of society. This may prevent any break outs of retaliation. It's a sticky time for us lads.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Our Nail Loney

This is an absolute disaster, I really would struggle to think of anyone that would support this kind of bullshit.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: gawa316 on March 09, 2009, 11:26:53 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 09, 2009, 11:20:47 PM

Would I also be right to say there is a chance they might kill catholic PSNI officers or would they know the targets?
Undoubtedly they would try to kill Catholic PSNI officers.  Whether they would possess that sort of information is another story.  I would say they don't care what religion the person is as long as they are in a PSNI uniform.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 09, 2009, 11:27:53 PM
The only saving grace with regardes retaliation is the fact that the police are now accepted by certain sections of the wider society as mixed. Therefore it can be seen as an attack on the whole community and no longer an attack on the "crown forces" Although they are still the crown forces they are now made up of a better mixture of all sections of society. This may prevent any break outs of retaliation. It's a sticky time for us lads.

The idiots that carried this out, don't see that. I fear the Loyalist won't either.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 09, 2009, 11:28:11 PM
This is an absolute disaster, I really would struggle to think of anyone that would support this kind of bullshit.
As someone has already said, they don't care about public opinion and are satisfying some bloodthirsty republican ideology. Expect a massive peace rally in Belfast.

ONeill

Every generation there's a new chapter to our woefully bloody history.

Whether you like it or not, ultimately the same motive drives it. I have no doubt that those behind these recent attacks harbour the same ambitions as those from 69-94 whether it's foolish now or whatever. The difference now is that those 25 years were sustained and deadly and has wearied us so much that there's extremely muted support for such a campaign.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.