The North is going backwards.

Started by Hereiam, March 06, 2009, 12:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Cross

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 07, 2009, 02:16:16 PM
I dont know if sinn fein have brought the IRA down the right path but I do think they believe it is the right one, I hope they're right.

We seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet for once, though I would go a wee bit further than you and suggest that British Intelligence used the Sinn Fein leadership to steer the IRA into a Cul-De-Sac or down the politcal path as Sinn Fein like to claim. I have always said that one and probably more of the current Republican leadership is a British agent.
Either way, they are still being paid to administer British rule in the North.

Gnevin

Any opinions changed in the light of the new day?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Double Cross

Quote from: Gnevin on March 08, 2009, 12:11:04 PM

No, Donagh and Co are still on the side of the British. Maybe he will organise a whip round on the board to send a few flowers.

milltown row

Quote from: Double Cross on March 08, 2009, 12:13:53 PM

No, Donagh and Co are still on the side of the British. Maybe he will organise a whip round on the board to send a few flowers.

whats your solution double cross? what is it that you believe will making this place (Norn Iron) work

pintsofguinness

Quote from: milltown row on March 08, 2009, 12:20:50 PM
Quote from: Double Cross on March 08, 2009, 12:13:53 PM

whats your solution double cross? what is it that you believe will making this place (Norn Iron) work
I've asked him several times, no answer.

Double Cross

I dont have an immediate solution, but the Sinn Fein/Donagh solution of blaming the British for everything while in the pay of the British is a bit hypocritical even for Sinn Fein.
So Pints what is your solution, you are a big man for asking questions, do you have any answers?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Double Cross on March 08, 2009, 12:28:16 PM
I dont have an immediate solution, but the Sinn Fein/Donagh solution of blaming the British for everything while in the pay of the British is a bit hypocritical even for Sinn Fein.
So Pints what is your solution, you are a big man for asking questions, do you have any answers?

No but I'm not the one shouting from the roof tops about sinn fein being british agents. 
You criticise their policy and actions but I dont hear you putting forward an alternative.

Double Cross

So you don't have an answer either then Pints  :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Double Cross on March 08, 2009, 01:10:51 PM
So you don't have an answer either then Pints  :D
Im not the one criticising others who think they have. 

Evil Genius

Quote from: Double Cross on March 07, 2009, 02:11:41 PM
All I am saying is that Donagh and his friends in Sinn Fein who administer British rule in the North of Ireland need to stop kidding themselves. Sinn Fein and the IRA surrendered in 1994. They realised they were on a beaten docket, they couldn't beat the British either militarily or politically. The IRA have completed their surrender by decommissioning, despite promises from Sinn Fein of not a bullet, not an ounce and no decommissioning. Sinn Fein are now paid by Whitehall to run NI as part of the UK along with their bedfellows in the DUP and the IRA are reduced to policing The Square in Cross on a Friday night and murdering and threatening little thugs in and around Cullyhanna.
Its time a lot of people in the North woke up.
When Lynchboy accused me of being Myles Na Gopaleen a while back, at least Myles and I knew it not to be true. But I have to confess, reading the above made me wonder whether I might not actually be Double Cross!
In fact, had it not been so concise and to the point, I'd have been convinced it was me posted it... :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

I dont believe anyone surrendered, I dont know if sinn fein have brought the IRA down the right path but I do think they believe it is the right one, I hope they're right.  What was the alternative to a political way though, what would you suggest?
Admit defeat and either get down to making NI work properly, in accordance with the democratic will of the majority, or take their MI5 pension and fcuk off and retire to their holiday homes in Donegal*.

* - Shit, that was Denis Donaldson's strategy. Oh well, it's back to making NI work, then... ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 08, 2009, 02:26:09 PM
I dont believe anyone surrendered, I dont know if sinn fein have brought the IRA down the right path but I do think they believe it is the right one, I hope they're right.  What was the alternative to a political way though, what would you suggest?
Admit defeat and either get down to making NI work properly, in accordance with the democratic will of the majority, or take their MI5 pension and fcuk off and retire to their holiday homes in Donegal*.

* - Shit, that was Denis Donaldson's strategy. Oh well, it's back to making NI work, then... ;)
Aye you'd love that  ::)
The democratic will of the majority didn't matter too much in 1918. 

Shows how far 5ivetimes has come that you're agreeing with him.

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 08, 2009, 02:55:45 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 08, 2009, 02:26:09 PM

Aye you'd love that  ::)
The democratic will of the majority didn't matter too much in 1918. 
Well if I'm honest, it doesn't matter quite so much to me as what happened in, say, 2008. Though I guess it is a comforting thought that if ever I am forced to face up to uncomfortable present-day reality, I can always take refuge in playing your favourite game:
"History!" - Just pick a date at random from any one of the hundreds on offer and see if you can't outwit your opponents by using it to introduce ever more irrelevant pieces of fuckwittery and whataboutery into the Board!
(Age range 0-12, but not suitable for anyone else born in the last 40 years, though people born yesterday will no doubt still buy it)
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 08, 2009, 02:55:45 PM
Shows how far 5ivetimes has come that you're agreeing with him.
Eh? I was always "here". If others have come round to my way of thinking, then perhaps you'd better take it up with them. 
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

An Fear Rua

you have to wonder does he get the irony mocking someones death
Its Grim up North