season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

No way are they useless, they are very competent people.  I got the folllowing email earlier:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Leinster Senior Football Final Season Ticket Information
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Atticus, a chara,

Please see the Season Ticket information below.

Fixture: Derry v Donegal
         Ulster Senior Championship Football Final

Venue:   Croke Park

Date:    Sunday, 17/07/2011

Price:   Adults: €25      Juveniles: €5

Seating Information: Gerry Arthurs Stand - Section E/K

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't know whether i'm getting a ticket to the leinster or the ulster final !

Unless Croker has a new stand, i'd be hoping it's for the ulster final.

Take it i could go into the terrace if i wanted to ?

€10 is a good price for the armagh game.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Cde

Whats the story with the tickets for the Longford v Tyrone game. Are we suppose to receive tickets or do we use our season tickets.
I have not got mine yet

armaghniac

Qualifiers are all show the season ticket at the gate, some of us got emails.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Goldengreen

Just wondering if everyone got their tickets yet for the Ulster Final, last post came today and nothing there for me :-(

Atticus_Finch

Nothing for me either Goldengreen.

Sometimes i think a season ticket is more hassle than it's worth.  They always leave things last minute.

I'm going to email them later and see if i can get something in an email to bring with me to the game in the event that it doesn't come tomorrow.

Goats Do Shave

I don't know why they don't just scan you coming into the gorund & allocate you a seat from there... it means you can sit beside the people you go with for a start... plus there's no hassle regarding post!

I requested to be seated beside a friend in the past & although they said it would not be a problem... it clearly was as we were in different sections!

On another occasion, the same friend had left his card for me to bring someone else... however they had already posted the tickets to his house (he was on holiday! - 2 tickets in his post box gone to waste!)

Goldengreen

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 15, 2011, 11:47:31 AM
Nothing for me either Goldengreen.

Sometimes i think a season ticket is more hassle than it's worth.  They always leave things last minute.

I'm going to email them later and see if i can get something in an email to bring with me to the game in the event that it doesn't come tomorrow.

Problem is we dont get a post on a Saturday out here, seems the runnng of this has gone to the dogs this year with the switch over to the new company.

Farrandeelin

Any season ticket holders who have not received their match ticket for the Connacht Senior Football Final on Sunday is asked to please do the following:

Email: seasonticket@gaa.ie
State your details and that you have not received your match ticket yet. Your ticket will be sent down and will be available for collection on Sunday from the Connacht G.A.A. van outside Hyde Park.

If you have any further queries please contact Croke Park at 01) 8717400

The above from Mayogaa website.

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

western exile

I had to ring them today because the hard copy ticket had not arrived in the post.  So they took name and card number and said the ticket will be at Dr. Hyde Park.  When I asked, where exactly it would be?   He said "you can't miss it. There will be a long queue, as so many people have not been issued tickets!"

Atticus_Finch

been told:

you will be able to collect
your tickets on match day at the GAA Ticketing van at the bottom
of the hill opposite Creighton's Hotel on the way into the
grounds.

Creighton's will also be hosting a gaaboard.com dance off, come early to avoid the queues.

Season ticket is more hassle than it's worth, i won't be renewing mine.

i agree Goats, surely there is some more efficient system that could be implemented ?  Like you say you should be able to scan your season ticket card.

if they feel there is a need to bring some sort of supplementary paper record then surely they could email you out a document with a code on it rather than go through this hassle every single match whereby you wonder if your ticket has arrived yet or not.

Anyone get any reasons or excuses offered up to why they are so inefficient ?

With qualifiers ongoing now, there's more fixture congestion each weekend - but surely this should have been forseen ?

In the qualifiers there is no need for a hard copy ticket, I think i remember someone on here saying about that, is that correct ?

Aaron Boone

I also won't be renewing mine. It's the non-caring / non-awareness attitude you get in grounds across the country. You almost feel like a 2nd class supporter.

armaghniac

There is no doubt that the system is inefficient and for Ulster games they seem to need to send you a ticket, who knows why, although there is no reason why the Ulster final tickets could not have been sent out a week ago.

However, For me the season ticket will prove invaluable today. As I live in Dublin, I can just head to Aughrim, whereas I would have found it very difficult to secure a ticket in Armagh for the game and would have had to make arrangements to get possession of it. Likewise, if Armagh do win I have a ticket sorted for Omagh, although in this case it would be easier to get one.

MK

No scanner at Casement tonight-several tatty A4 pages and the trusty biro   :o  ::)  :-[

armaghniac

No scanner or even a list at Aughrim.  :o

fan01

there was a scanner at the gate on the right hand side..