season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 18, 2009, 12:51:57 PM
Does anyone ever sit on those concrete benches in Casement? Ive only ever stood on them, with my umbrella up of course.
I went up to watch a hurling game last year or earlier this year (think it was Antrim v Cork). It was dry at the start of the game, so i was able to sit. Lashed down during the match. Whatever about sitting on wet wooden seats, you can't sit on those concrete benches if it has been raining.

No real suitable place for family tickets in Casement either.

T Fearon

Its probably a better seat than you would have been allocated had this match gone ahead in Clones.

So are you all gonna just accept this crap or follow my example amd make noises through your Ulster Council County delegates?

rosnarun

Fair play to the connacht council
no problems in connacht season ticket will get you in and because mayos fist game was against new york where the ticket also work . season ticket holder also get in free to the roscommon games.
credit where credit is duee
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

T Fearon

Yes indeed fair play to the other provincial councils who look after their most loyal fans properly

Muzz

I hear what you are saying tony about complaining through your delegate!

However, did we not purchase these tickets through the gaa so surely they should be putting more pressure on the ulster council to allocate seats based on the assumptions which we purchased them?  As someone pointed out earlier...we were to be issued a stand ticket? I took that at the time meaning covered! Regardless of where matches were to be hosted.

Who would really want to pay €20 for open unreserved seating than pay the same or €15 for terrace? ----> I doubt we shouldn't even be asking ourselves this or even be given an option! We should have a covered stand ticket no matter what!

Seriously disaapointed in this scheme at the moment!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Muzz on June 18, 2009, 05:22:06 PM
I hear what you are saying tony about complaining through your delegate!

However, did we not purchase these tickets through the gaa so surely they should be putting more pressure on the ulster council to allocate seats based on the assumptions which we purchased them?  As someone pointed out earlier...we were to be issued a stand ticket? I took that at the time meaning covered! Regardless of where matches were to be hosted.

Who would really want to pay €20 for open unreserved seating than pay the same or €15 for terrace? ----> I doubt we shouldn't even be asking ourselves this or even be given an option! We should have a covered stand ticket no matter what!

Seriously disaapointed in this scheme at the moment!

Also Muzz. That uncovered seating area is probably the worst area in the ground as it is at the corner. Might be ok if you are high up but wont be the best. Would be far better standing in the terrace along the far side. I can't see the sense in charging the same price for these tickets as they are for the covered tickets.

If you were to cancel your season ticket, would this rule you out of the scheme for All-Ireland final tickets if your team got there? As so far, I will have attended over 60% of Tyrone games under the season ticket scheme.

Has anyone checked their credit card bill yet to see if they took €20 out for ticket or the full price €25? Any service charge on the ticket also?

Maguire01

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 18, 2009, 05:37:21 PM
If you were to cancel your season ticket, would this rule you out of the scheme for All-Ireland final tickets if your team got there? As so far, I will have attended over 60% of Tyrone games under the season ticket scheme.
Yes, it would.

Trevor Hill

Why would you want to cancel your season ticket? Any issue you have is not with the season ticket scheme, but with the Ulster council. I am sure these problems will be sorted out for 2010.
I think the tickets are great value, with the added bonus of a guaranteed All Ireland ticket should your team make it that far. Its highly unlikely that I`ll be needing a ticket in September, but you always live in hope.

Archie Mitchell

It was a rash thought but the fact is that I probably could get similar tickets or better if I looked myself rather than the ones that they are allocating to us. I know it's the Ulster Council's fault, but should the season ticket people not be pushing them to provide good tickets like they promised? Surely the Ulster council had to agree to the regulations at the start of the season or the season ticket wouldn't have been released.

Redhand Santa

Does anyone know if we are being charged €25 for this game or €20? We had been promised a 5 euro reduction for these matches. Its turning into a joke. The cement blocks are crap in casement and I'd rather pay €15 euro to stand in the terrace. Not only are we not getting our guarenteed stand ticket but we are still expected to pay the same price. Something is wrong here. Guarentee's should not have been made that could not be kept - its false advertising. Who's to say if your team got to the All Ireland final that they wouldnt turn round and allocate you tickets on the hill?

Fear ón Srath Bán

€20 RHS, a reduction of €5.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Thats big of them considering I could pay €15 to stand in the terrace which is as good as the crappy cement blocks. The main reason I joined the scheme was because of the guarentee of stand tickets. I assumed when they said guarentee that I was certain of a stand ticket, obviously guarentee means something else to them. Or maybe they'll argue that cement blocks are a stand.

Rossfan

Maybe you'd be better off stayin at home as it seems to be an awful hardship going to that bloody game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

There's no doubt I'll be at game. Just feel a bit angry that when you joined the scheme you were given a guarentee that they couldnt fulfil. Secondly I am still paying the same price as I would be for a stand ticket. If they weren't giving us the stand tickets we should have had the option of the terrace instead of cement seats in corner of ground.

Trevor Hill

If you want to go to the terrace I am sure you will get in with your ticket, or you will easily get a swap with someone who wants a seat.