season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

The season ticket scheme is not to blame here, it is the Ulster Council. For some reason they will not issue decent tickets for games to season ticket holders and insist on "hard copies" of tickets being issued when the season ticket would more than suffice. I think the scheme is working well in the other provinces. It also worked quite well during the league, its not perfect, but its a start. At least there will be no scramble for tickets if your team get to an AIF.
We should be complaining to the Ulster Council about this.

Maguire01

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 17, 2009, 10:38:15 PM
I don't think there is any way of segregating the terrace and cement seats on Sunday so I assume its 15 euro's in.
I think they are segregated.

T Fearon

A few things here.

This is definitely the Ulster Council treating loyal fans like shite, unlike the other three provincial councils. I complained nearly two weeks ago via their box on the website but of course got no response. Writing to the GAA press up here was also fruitless, as they appear to have no appetite to print anything critical as regards the Ulster Council, and I suppose you can  understand why this is the case.

May I suggest that you contact either one of your County's two delegates to the Ulster Council. The Armagh delegate is on the case for me and to be fair he has kept me up to date with progress. The more county delegates (from different counties) raise the issue with the Ulster Council,the more something is likely to be done.If delegates from all nine counties are made aware of season ticket holders anger then chances are something will be done.

The problem seems to be that the cronies get sorted out with the best tickets and the rest of us are left with the shite.

Thankfully the Ulster Council have no influence over any more Armagh games in the Championship this season.

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on June 18, 2009, 09:53:32 AM
Thankfully the Ulster Council have no influence over any more Armagh games in the Championship this season.
Agreed

Doohicky

Has anyone else got the email that Fear got? I have nothing.

Completely agree taht this is completely down to the Ulster Council. I have no idea why they are threating the Season ticket scheme with such contempt, but it's pissing me right off.

Will be interesting to see what we are charged for this game.

wdusln

yeah i got the same email and they rang me yesterday to confirm which card i wanted to be charged as i have two on my account

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Doohicky on June 15, 2009, 06:16:49 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 15, 2009, 05:15:26 PM
Just thought of something. Since the Armagh v Tyrone game had the hard copy tickets sent out for season ticket holders, am I right in thinking that no had their actual season ticket scanned? How then we that worked regarding attending 60% of your county's fixtures should they reach the All Ireland final? (albeit that its likely this will be more of an issue for tyrone supporters than Armagh!)

Been mentioned before and honestly we have no idea.

Also Archie, don't be expecting the scanners and so forth at Casement.
Every Ulster championship game has had tickets sent out beforehand. We have had no choice on going elsewhere and I doubt it will change.

For some reason the Ulster Council think it best to be complete arseholes to the Season ticket holders.
I would love to have the option to go to the standing section as it means I could be with my mates.

To answer my own question, came across the letter the season ticket place sent the aul fella before the Tyrone match - it says the attendance of people with the hard copy tickets will be recorded so I suppose we'll havta take them at their word.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

wdusln

tickets have just arrived. open seating unreserved

Doohicky

Quote from: wdusln on June 18, 2009, 11:01:20 AM
yeah i got the same email and they rang me yesterday to confirm which card i wanted to be charged as i have two on my account

Hmmm, bit worried that I haven't received the email then.

If the ticket isn't there when I get home tonight I'll have to give them a bell.

tc_manchester

Quote from: Doohicky on June 18, 2009, 11:32:57 AM
Quote from: wdusln on June 18, 2009, 11:01:20 AM

Hmmm, bit worried that I haven't received the email then.

If the ticket isn't there when I get home tonight I'll have to give them a bell.

My ticket has just come through the door - more power to the post office -  boos to the Ulster Council for waiting until Wed to give the goahead to send the tickets.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: wdusln on June 18, 2009, 11:24:21 AM
tickets have just arrived. open seating unreserved

Is there a price on the tickets?

wdusln

25 euro/£20. letter says "your ticket for this fixture cost 20euro which is  5euro discount on the regular price"

Doohicky

Quote from: wdusln on June 18, 2009, 11:58:05 AM
25 euro/£20. letter says "your ticket for this fixture cost 20euro which is  5euro discount on the regular price"

Can't believe the concrete benchs cost the same as the proper seats in the covered stand. ::)

Maguire01

Quote from: Doohicky on June 18, 2009, 12:01:39 PM
Quote from: wdusln on June 18, 2009, 11:58:05 AM

Can't believe the concrete benchs cost the same as the proper seats in the covered stand. ::)
Especially if it was to rain - you'd end up having to stand anyway as the concrete benches aren't really any better than sitting on the ground.

Trevor Hill

Does anyone ever sit on those concrete benches in Casement? Ive only ever stood on them, with my umbrella up of course.