Magennis's Bar now changed its name to Ronnie Drew's

Started by Maroon Heaven, March 05, 2009, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: The GAA on March 05, 2009, 11:00:26 AM

For the shinners maybe....

Who mentioned the Shinners? That's right, no one actually needs to mention them before you jump in with both feet. Why don't you start your own Shinner thread so you and the other sad cases can slabber away to your hearts content without waiting for an excuse?

The GAA

I just assume everything you post has been OKed by the polit bureau

C_Berg_316

work just beside it - would head down for a bite of lunch the odd day - nice wee spot.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

full back

Worked behind the bar in it on black eye Friday (think it was the Christmas before the murder)
Jaysus, it was one tasty spot

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

How many Pubs in the north have had men, women and children murdered in them, do they all suffer the stigma Magennises has - NO!
Why, because the death of McCartney was jumped upon by others to further their political aims.
Whatever sympathy I ever may have had for those sisters, is now well and truely gone. He was one man out of over 3,500 who died, everyone of them was a terrible tragedy to their respective families and communities.
Tbc....

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Donagh on March 05, 2009, 10:24:27 AM
they think it'll somehow bring "justice for Robert". Life moves on, get over it...

Maybe the pub should not be targetted but surely you are happy for these women to campaign for justice, no matter how much life moves on?

Particularly when your profile has a link to a campaign website about events that happen over 25years ago?   Or should I be saying "Life moves on, get over it......"?

/Jim.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 05, 2009, 01:39:07 PM
they think it'll somehow bring "justice for Robert". Life moves on, get over it...

Maybe the pub should not be targetted but surely you are happy for these women to campaign for justice, no matter how much life moves on?

Particularly when your profile has a link to a campaign website about events that happen over 25years ago?   Or should I be saying "Life moves on, get over it......"?

/Jim.

Now, now Jim, less of the "manufactured outrage". For whilst there is no "hierarchy of victims" in Shinnerworld, when people die at the hands of SF/IRA, they're not "victims" at all, merely "legitimate targets",  "casualties of war", "collateral damage" or whatever other example of Shinnerspeak applies. Therefore their relatives can never have the same right to justice as, say, Pat Finnucaine or Rosemary Nelson... ::)

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 05, 2009, 03:14:18 PM

/Jim.

Now, now Jim, less of the "manufactured outrage". For whilst there is no "hierarchy of victims" in Shinnerworld, when people die at the hands of SF/IRA, they're not "victims" at all, merely "legitimate targets",  "casualties of war", "collateral damage" or whatever other example of Shinnerspeak applies. Therefore their relatives can never have the same right to justice as, say, Pat Finnucaine or Rosemary Nelson... ::)
...who did sf 'kill' as a matter of interest ?

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 05, 2009, 03:30:59 PM

/Jim.

Nobody. And Gerry Adams was never in the IRA... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 05, 2009, 03:37:27 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 05, 2009, 03:30:59 PM

/Jim.

Nobody. And Gerry Adams was never in the IRA... ::)
ok so the only name you have is gerry adams , and thats in relation to him being/not being in IRA
so as per usual you are talking bullshit again and making it up as you go along

no surprise. Thats to be expected from you.

anyhow, the bar were incorrect in naming this place after Drew without consultation with his family
mccartney was killed and his killers should face full force of the law, while I doubt any orders from sf would apply here, certainly they and other political parties use inside influence to flaunt , flout and escape the law at times. Seeing that programme on violent crime earlier in the week shows
that top earning criminals most likely use political and police force 'guardians' to shield themselves from prosecution etc. This seems to be the case here and all over the world sadly with money (if you have it) still able to buy anything !

Franko

/Jim.

Campaign for justice by all means.  But a public display of 'outrage' because a man (who was totally unconnected to the murder) want's to remove some of the stigma from his business by re-naming it - for want of a better word - BALLS.

Puckoon

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 05, 2009, 01:00:20 PM
How many Pubs in the north have had men, women and children murdered in them, do they all suffer the stigma Magennises has - NO!
Why, because the death of McCartney was jumped upon by others to further their political aims.
Whatever sympathy I ever may have had for those sisters, is now well and truely gone. He was one man out of over 3,500 who died, everyone of them was a terrible tragedy to their respective families and communities.

How ever you spin it GDA - Robert McCartneys death had zero political design. He was murdered in cold blood outside of the "troubles" as we know it.

I mean its kinda tough shit for the guy who bought it, a poor investment in my opinion. Unless they've buried their head in the sand for a few years, he should have known it will be a tough spot to bring back to the previous dizzying heights of Magennises.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Puckoon on March 05, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 05, 2009, 01:00:20 PM

How ever you spin it GDA - Robert McCartneys death had zero political design. He was murdered in cold blood outside of the "troubles" as we know it.

I mean its kinda tough shit for the guy who bought it, a poor investment in my opinion. Unless they've buried their head in the sand for a few years, he should have known it will be a tough spot to bring back to the previous dizzying heights of Magennises.

I didn't say he was murdered for political ends Puck, what I'm saying is that his death was USED for political ends by a number of groups, as were his sisters, total manipulation.
Can't see why Magennis's/Ronnie Drews (he should have asked Drews family out of common descency) couldn't become as popular as it was before, infact I think I'll have a visit this weekend, to inspect Maroon Heavens glowing tribute to the refit.
Tbc....

Tim Buzaglo

I've noticed that Donagh tends to follow the party line in matters like this.  Everybody knows what happened in the bar that night, who was there and what exactly it was agreed to tell the authorities.  The fact that anybody feels like they can defend the actions of the multiple party members that were there that night is disgraceful.

I'm only commenting once on this as i have a personal interest in this matter that i don't want to get in to - i don't normally comment on the moronic tit for tat political ramblings of a few on this board.

BTW, Ronnie Drews family should have been consulted given the notoriety/political cover up now associated with the bar.
Will we ever see another one?