business closures/job struggles formerly 'its the waiting that is hell'

Started by longball, March 04, 2009, 02:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Quote from: one for the road on March 04, 2009, 04:12:56 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2009, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 03:22:33 PM
One for the road- ive applied for a number of positions that im over qualifed for- im an accounting technician and part qualifed chartered accountant- and i haven't heard back from anythin. I changed jobs from an accountants to a manufacturing firm 18 months ago when leaving the accountants i had my pick of jobs now its very hard to even get an interview. Our post doesnt come to 2.30 so waiting around all morning sucks as well.

This has been my day for last few weeks:

9AM Get up, breakfast brush teeth, clean self etc

(the following is whilst on Internet on GAAboard, hotmail and a number of job sites)
10AM: Scrubs on Paramount
11AM: King Of Queens on Paramount
12NOON: Usually make somethin to eat
12.40PM: Scrubs is on E4
13.40PM: Play X Box
14.30PM: Post comes fingers crossed- NOTHING THERE
15.00PM: Woman working in school finishes so usually spend afternoon with her.
(a lot of days il do weights, go for run, cycle etc just to break up this pattern)

No harm to you Longball, but get off your hole and stop waiting for the post, knock on doors, ring people, pester recruitment agencies.  If you're not in theior faces they will not do anything for you.

Recruitment agencies are a pack of useless wh*res you will ever come across in your life.

Im working in the accounts end of things as well and there is very little about unless you are a qualified accountant (which im not)  >:( get email alerts everyday abnout jobs and id say 70% or more are looking for qualified accountants

LB you in the north or south of the border?

Up North but living near the border so would cross it if needs be. Im not chartered either but qualified accounting technician. Applied for a couple of Payroll jobs which i would prob be over qualified for but at the min i dont care. Getting job alerts as well everything chartered. No harm to anyone who works in a recruitment agency but have to agree with onefortheroad they are not proving to be much use. But again cant see it being their fault there not much out there.

However on these job websites I think recruitment agencies like Hays just make up poisitons and advertise them so that they get ur details cause ive applied for 'jobs' and whenever they have rang me back there was no mention of the position i applied for they mentioned other positions if u no what i mean.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

longball

Quote from: one for the road on March 04, 2009, 04:16:40 PM
register with nijobs.com they send you daily alerts of jobs your interested in. Your another fecker that il be competing against now  8)

Already done this jobcentreonline is good enough but again as stated in my earlier post its up to a month before closing dates for most of these jobs so it takes a rite wile to hear anything back. I see abbey bank in Omagh need workers gonna apply here

one for the road

Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 04:18:11 PM

Up North but living near the border so would cross it if needs be. Im not chartered either but qualified accounting technician. Applied for a couple of Payroll jobs which i would prob be over qualified for but at the min i dont care. Getting job alerts as well everything chartered. No harm to anyone who works in a recruitment agency but have to agree with onefortheroad they are not proving to be much use. But again cant see it being their fault there not much out there.

However on these job websites I think recruitment agencies like Hays just make up poisitons and advertise them so that they get ur details cause ive applied for 'jobs' and whenever they have rang me back there was no mention of the position i applied for they mentioned other positions if u no what i mean.

either that or that the position has been filled.

you may take up running or something. daytime tv would drive you mad in the head

longball

Quote from: one for the road on March 04, 2009, 04:24:00 PM
Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 04:18:11 PM

either that or that the position has been filled.

you may take up running or something. daytime tv would drive you mad in the head

I do weights or running during the day just to get out of the house. I cycled 8 mile the other day.....very hard to know what to be at.... anybody with any money making schemes?

one for the road

Puckoon

I thought you'd been a bad boy with a good catholic girl when I read this title.

No wait, that would be youngfella.

one for the road

Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2009, 04:31:05 PM
I thought you'd been a bad boy with a good catholic girl when I read this title.

No wait, that would be youngfella.

youngfella is due a bit of controversy

Mario

Longball, your search will not have been made any easier following KPMGs recent announcement. They are laying off 200 people, most of them high level staff or recently qualified chartered accountants.

illdecide

Full Back i wouldn't say your fooked but i think what they're telling you is they can let you go at anytime they feel fit as they have put you guys on a notice. It's their way of saying we will let guys go, but when is up to them. They also know everyone will work like hoors so that when there is payoffs that it is some lazy cnut and not them
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lfdown2

Quote from: full back on March 04, 2009, 04:55:03 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 04, 2009, 04:48:21 PM
Full Back i wouldn't say your fooked but i think what they're telling you is they can let you go at anytime they feel fit as they have put you guys on a notice. It's their way of saying we will let guys go, but when is up to them. They also know everyone will work like hoors so that when there is payoffs that it is some lazy cnut and not them

Aye, just heard they are going to make major moves in the company in a matter of days/weeks
But, and I quote, "We have not decided what criteria we will be using regarding staff redundancies yet"
FFS  ::)

can ye sleep with the boss?

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on March 04, 2009, 05:09:25 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on March 04, 2009, 04:56:35 PM
Quote from: full back on March 04, 2009, 04:55:03 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 04, 2009, 04:48:21 PM

Aye, just heard they are going to make major moves in the company in a matter of days/weeks
But, and I quote, "We have not decided what criteria we will be using regarding staff redundancies yet"
FFS  ::)

can ye sleep with the boss?

I reckon I could, but she would make Monica from Shameless look like Cheryl Cole
Dont know if would do any good either as she would probably suck me in & blow me out in bubbles 8)

What are you waiting for?!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Selective quoting sk, selective quoting  :D

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on March 04, 2009, 05:17:34 PM
Selective quoting sk, selective quoting  :D

Oops! Didn't realise I had done that  :D ;)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

muppet

MWWSI 2017