lots of schoolkids?

Started by cadhlancian, March 02, 2009, 12:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Guys and gals, in all fairness I enjoy this site a great deal. However , the constant referencing to " northerners " makes me sick >:( We are all gaels, and if one remembers , we were just another area of an occupied land, when the great founders of our great culture founded the organisation , that became known as the GAA. At a time when the english were trying to drive any culture we had left , out of us, we stood together as one and now 125 years later it would be fair to say , that we have without doubt one of the greatest sporting organisations in the world, if not the best. Why does every post come down to " anti nordie bias, northern paranoia , etc etc. Through the Gaa , we are one community, and always will be, from Antrim to Kerry! Theres no need for most of it, and before anyone says it, I know its a forum, but please feel free to rip one another to shreds through your keyboards, just keep religion and where someones from out of it! ;D

Rav67

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 02, 2009, 12:28:50 AM
just keep religion and where someones from out of it! ;D

Wouldn't be much fun if everyone kept where they were from out of it!  I suppose all it would take would be a look at the Ricey thread to work out all the Tyronies tho!

cadhlancian

ok, I meant keep what side of the border ur on, slagging counties is great ;D
P.S Tir eoghain Abu!

SidelineKick

As long as its northerners and not Northerners I don't see the problem, its a geographical term, same as the English calling themselves northerners or southerners.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

saffron sam2

The free staters are the worst offenders.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Billys Boots

Quotesame as the English calling themselves northerners or southerners

And those two factions love each other too.  :-*
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SidelineKick

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2009, 12:59:22 PM
Quotesame as the English calling themselves northerners or southerners

And those two factions love each other too.  :-*

Lol yeah I know!  Thas something I only found out within the last couple of years, didn't realise they hated each other so much! Personally I like the northerners better, alot more friendly, although that is somewhat of a generalisation.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

muppet

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 02, 2009, 12:50:37 AM
ok, I meant keep what side of the border ur on, slagging counties is great ;D
P.S Tir eoghain Abu!

You had me convinced until the last line.   ;)
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

does it make it better if we despise donegall as well and have a liking for fermanagh and no opinion what so ever about antrim at least then its nothing to do with the border and still laugh at the rest of the paranoid f**kers
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere