Mayo 1-13 Westmeath 0-8

Started by Barney, February 27, 2009, 08:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Plain and simple lads - loser goes down

Croí na hÉireann

Spot on. Where is the pitch in Charlestown? Will be coming in from Carracastle...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 27, 2009, 10:07:23 AM
Spot on. Where is the pitch in Charlestown? Will be coming in from Carracastle...

You just drive straight through the town Croi its on the old Dublin - Castlebar Road on the left hand side can't miss it
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Massive game. Time to find out if the second half of the Donegal game was a false dawn or not.

All ticket - 2,000 tickets for Mayo, 1,000 for Westmeath and then about 500 allowed for people with passes etc.

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 27, 2009, 10:50:29 AM

You just drive straight through the town Croi its on the old Dublin - Castlebar Road on the left hand side can't miss it

Grand job, probably best parking around the triangle & walking out? Might pop out to Bellaghy to see all the Mayo flags Sligoian will have erected for the occasion...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 27, 2009, 11:38:32 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 27, 2009, 10:50:29 AM

Grand job, probably best parking around the triangle & walking out? Might pop out to Bellaghy to see all the Mayo flags Sligoian will have erected for the occasion...  :P

When you call to Bellaghy just remember it was there a mere 600 yrs before Charlestown ;). There is a Welcome to Sligo sign too but the Im not sure the Mayo lads can see that through those rose tinted glasses 8).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

If the attendance is limited to 3500 they havent much choice.
Would Ballina or Crossmolina not be able to hold more?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Not sure about the capacity of Cross, I doubt it though if it's a wet day. Ballina would hold more but seen as they've had one game the Co board usually likes to spread the games around. C'bar will host the other 2 games anyway.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 27, 2009, 10:22:53 PM
Not sure about the capacity of Cross, I doubt it though if it's a wet day. Ballina would hold more but seen as they've had one game the Co board usually likes to spread the games around. C'bar will host the other 2 games anyway.
Cross has seen attendances of over 5000 but that would have been a while back things are much stricter now .it even had a counnacht semi one year.
C'town is pretty shitty though and as for the  ground.........
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

I assumed ye were havin a laugh with this all - ticket crack? Whose idea was this anyway? I recall playing reigning AI champions in Charlestown and the place well able to cope. Anyway they ll have to flog the tickets on the day because they ll sell no more than 1000 through the clubs. Very disappointing crowd for the first home game.

Farrandeelin

I wonder if there's any way of getting a ticket other than through clubs? I seriously doubt it though.

IolarCoisCuain

What'll happen is that the clubs won't sell any tickets during the week - least of all if the weather is bad - so you'll have the boys out on Sunday selling them out of boxes in the boot of a car. At the other end of the town to the pitch, probably.

All-ticket for a league relegation game? Sure mother of God what are they using for brains at all?  ???

moysider

I know if I went into the clubhouse bar booking a ticket for this one I d be given a note and told to head for casualty in Castlebar hospital without delay.

On a serious note. Barry Moran missed the Sigerson at the weekend with hamstring problem. Ger Cafferkey went off injured 6 minutes into semi-final. Also looks like its confirmed  Pat Kelly sees no future for himself and has left the panel. Apparently Andy being moved to Pat s preferred wing back position means he s down the picking order and has opted out.

kevmy

In fairness to Pat Kelly it's not just Andy he's behind but Keith Higgins, Howley and probably Heaney, Aiden Higgins and Nallen to if they came back. I suppose it's hard to put in the yards if you reckon you have no chance of gettin a game.

Cafferkey and Barry Moran are big losses - not necessarily from a football point of view at the moment (I reckon we should have enough to take W'meath with or without them) but they are essential to the way we are looking to play in the Championship with long ball in a FF and a solid defence.

Hope they pull through and are able to play.