Soccer query

Started by corn02, February 24, 2009, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Was watching ESPN classic and there was a question - what country has the longest unnbeaten record?

I missed the answer, does anyone know?

Orior

I'd say the Vatican - have they ever fielded a team? No, hence never been beaten. QED.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on February 24, 2009, 07:23:35 PM
Was watching ESPN classic and there was a question - what country has the longest unnbeaten record?

Scratch that last answer,Im totally wrong
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: Orior on February 24, 2009, 07:25:59 PM
I'd say the Vatican - have they ever fielded a team? No, hence never been beaten. QED.

Vatican City's Elo rating is 233.

Vatican City have played only one full international game, against Monaco in 2002, ending in a 0-0 draw.[1]

In 2006 the Vatican City played a match against a Swiss club team, SV Vollmond on a small field just outside of the Vatican; Vatican City prevailed 5-1.

The Vatican City squad consists of the Swiss Guards (voluntary military force drawn from male Swiss citizens), members of the Papal council and museum guards (Italian citizens). Since only members of the Swiss Guard can get the citizenship of the Vatican and they cannot be amassed in large numbers for a long time, the national team can play only a few rare international matches often drawing a fair amount of interested press.

Catholicus Cup

In 2007, the Catholicus Cup was played - this was intended as a "supercup" for representative teams following the Clericus Cup. The four teams included the Vatican national team, a team representing Italian priests and laity (Nazionale Italiana Religiosi), and two religious colleges. The final was contested between the Vatican and the NIR, and saw the Vatican run out 3-0 winners.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Brazil - 45 games between 1993 and 1997

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 24, 2009, 08:32:44 PM

Brazil - 45 games between 1993 and 1997

I tip my hat to you sir. Much appreicated.

anportmorforjfc

i was wondering, anyone know Rep of Ireland longest unbeaten run?

thebandit

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 24, 2009, 10:02:42 PM
i was wondering, anyone know Rep of Ireland longest unbeaten run?

Never mind that, I always wanted to know who won Harry's challenge ;D