Denigrating GAA players etc.

Started by Sandino, February 24, 2009, 05:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

To be fair a lot of people have used the Ricey/Galvin incident as an excuse to get a few ott personal insults in. I wish these people would stop the slabbering, the Tyrone people & Ricey just accepted the punishment which ffs is fair, (maybe a tad excessive for the actual groping but makes up for all the stuff he gets away with) and just got on with things

J70

As I don't know him, I have no idea what McMenamin is really like off the field. According to some of the Donegal players (I remember Cassidy in particular speaking about him at one stage a while back) he's a thoroughly decent lad personally and I am sure that is accurate. However, he's a p***k on the field. Class footballer, but a hateful wee bollocks during the game.

Sandino

Personally I agree with Tyrone Dreamer, that some of the comments have been totally inappropriate, as others have said criticism is one thing but personal abuse should not be acceptable. Also Ardmhachaabu I am a Tyrone man I think is wrong that these bitter personal attacks are spewed out against players from any county. These people are amateurs and most of the time they provide us with great pleasure and pride.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Croí na hÉireann

I would imagine that when most GAA people refer to players as a tr**p they are referring to their actions on the field and not their personal life where they may or may not be model citizens who live in bus shelters...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BennyHarp

My God - do we need another new thread on this topic???
That was never a square ball!!

Gabriel_Hurl

what about the "perv**t" comment that one poster has been wheeling out constantly the last 10 days?

Gabriel_Hurl

that's at least the 3rd time it's been posted on here - the link even came from a previous thread on here

rrhf

Theres several guys who crossed the line just like Mc Menmin did but at least he dosent hide behind big anonymous names like Pintoguinness or Mickeysheeye.  I know this is a free message board and debate should be encouraged, but In order to keep the standards at a decent level, today I am calling for the mods to act.  Give these guys a good week long ban for bringing the GAA board into disrepute by going below the belt with a few comments.  Do those guys no harm and might keep the board above Hogan stand levels. 

Sandino

Some of the posts on this board are not far short of the comments on that link. However my specific issue is that in the coming weeks some other player from whatever county will be ripped apart on this board in a similar abusive manner. Remember that these people have families who are also hurt by this venom.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

SidelineKick

Quote from: Sandino on February 25, 2009, 02:49:55 PM
Some of the posts on this board are not far short of the comments on that link. However my specific issue is that in the coming weeks some other player from whatever county will be ripped apart on this board in a similar abusive manner. Remember that these people have families who are also hurt by this venom.

True, which is why anything about them personally should not be allowed to be posted. 

However, with regards to actions on the field, these players know they are in the public eye, not least the Tyrone team as AI champions, so perhaps McMeniman should think about his family.  It was McMeniman's own actions that has caused this, and not for the first time.  He is known for his actions on the field and anyone big enough to do this should be big enough to take the flack.  Personally I think he would find this great reading, I don't think it would bother him one bit!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Sandino on February 25, 2009, 11:30:22 AM
Personally I agree with Tyrone Dreamer, that some of the comments have been totally inappropriate, as others have said criticism is one thing but personal abuse should not be acceptable. Also Ardmhachaabu I am a Tyrone man I think is wrong that these bitter personal attacks are spewed out against players from any county. These people are amateurs and most of the time they provide us with great pleasure and pride.
Sandino, thanks for the courteous reply.  It's not because he's a Tyronie that I object to his behaviour or him appealing the ban, not at all.  It's because of his behaviour and nothing more.  Some have alluded to the Armagh v Laois goings on, I didn't get a chance to get to the match so didn't see anything for myself.  I have since learned that a certain Armagh player was extremely out of order and I tell you what too, I wish the incident had been in front of the cameras too coz then he would be facing severe disciplinary measures and rightly so.  I would say the same no matter who it is or who they play for.  Incidents like the one I mentioned and monobrow's many incidents (in that particular match!) boil my blood as a Gael and they have no place in our games!

Seriously, if you were out in the pub talking about the same man he would get called a lot worse (unless it's a pub in Tyrone)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Mike Sheehy

Where was this indignation last year when paul Galvin was being pillioried ?

biggest bunch of f**kin hypocrites, thats what you lads are.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 25, 2009, 06:52:30 PM
Where was this indignation last year when paul Galvin was being pillioried ?

biggest bunch of f**kin hypocrites, thats what you lads are.

He wasn't accused of being a pervert or having commited sexual assault  ::)