Time of Our Lives

Started by Hoof Hearted, February 23, 2009, 10:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

This has been running on Sky sports as few weeks. Tonight its the great Forest Team of 78-80.
This is why i started supported them. A great outfit. The stories about Clough are brilliant
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Eoghan Mag

Back in the day when European soccer finals were played on a Saturday! Help I'm getting old!

Doogie Browser

Good show alright, Celtic were on a few weeks ago and it was great craic.  Have also seen the Chelsea and Leeds ones, think Villa re on but not seen it yet.
Eoghan next year the European finals will be on a saturday too.

Hoof Hearted

those 2 centre halves Burns and Lloyd would make the entire back 4 now !

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 23, 2009, 10:09:40 PM
This has been running on Sky sports as few weeks. Tonight its the great Forest Team of 78-80.
This is why i started supported them. A great outfit. The stories about Clough are brilliant

Were European cup finals played on Sat? I never remember that.

As DB says we are going back to Saturday finals soon.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

You ever been over to the City Ground?
I have been several times,my best mate is a huge Forest fan and I have a soft spot for them myself,we go 2 or 3 times a year to Nottingham..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lecale2

I can't remember a Saturday final and I'm very old.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 24, 2009, 08:45:49 PM

I have been several times,my best mate is a huge Forest fan and I have a soft spot for them myself,we go 2 or 3 times a year to Nottingham..

dont think there ever was a sat final. i know the 2 Forest finals in 79 +80 were wed nights cause i had to go straight to bed when it was over :D

i havent been believe it or not. just saw them at Anfield ant OT. might not sound like much of a fan but i am and hope to get sometime.

mouview

Film being shot at the moment about Clough and the mid-70 years - Derby Co., Leeds etc. Michael Sheen plays Clough I think with Colm Meaney as Don Revie. One to watch out for.

Hoof Hearted

i read his book and to see that portrayed in a film would be brilliant !

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 24, 2009, 09:19:56 PM

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 24, 2009, 08:45:49 PM

i havent been believe it or not. just saw them at Anfield ant OT. might not sound like much of a fan but i am and hope to get sometime.

Its a fine little stadium with probably the smallest club shop I have ever seen  :D
Nottingham is a great city btw,some brilliant pubs and nightclubs,we always have a great time over there
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

The stories about Clough are brilliant

Was this story included?

"I will always remain convinced that those Liverpool fans who died were killed by Liverpool people".

Bring Clough was a twat.