Quiz Questions

Started by RedandGreenSniper, February 21, 2009, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Right I know we've threads for sports questions and for GAA questions but has anyone got some good unusual general knowledge trivia?

Was at a quiz Thursday night and the following question was asked and only two or three teams out of 70 odd got it right.

What is the most westerly county in the united kingdom?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mountainboii

Politically sensitive answer - Fermanagh ?   :-\

Caid

Great - finally Fermanagh wins something  ::)
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AFS on February 21, 2009, 10:42:09 PM
Politically sensitive answer - Fermanagh ?   :-\

Correct. Yeah its a bit of a sensetive one alright but I thought it was a good question from the point of view that it would get you thinking. We copped onto the NI angle - most teams went with Cornwall - but went with Derry and not Fermanagh

Caid

The lady got the QI book of facts there.  I would recommend it as a read.

How many commandments are in the bible?
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

leenie

here are some of the questions that feature in tyrone scor sinsear this yr in the 1st and 2 nd rounds

what is the highest peak in the sperrin mountains?
                                           mourne mountains?
                                           magillicuddy mountains?

who won the tommy murphy cup in 2008?
who won the mccarthy cup 2008?
who won the mckenna cup 2009?

who said "Let my character and my motives repose in obscurity and peace, till other times and other men can do them justice. Then shall my character be vindicated; then may my epitaph be written."?

During the troubles where was the first r.u.c officer killed? need specific area not town?

a civil rights group was founded on 9 October 1968, at Queen's University Belfast, known as the P.D'S,, what does p.d stand for?

a civil rights march including the p.d's between Belfast and Derry starting on 1 January 1969, The march was repeatedly attached but where did most violent incidences occur?

To be sure he was born in Ireland, but being born in a stable does not make a man a horse. who is this statement attributed too?

what river flows through waterford?
                                  galway?
                                  cork?

what is the name of the The Tyrone Senior Hurling county trophy?

what is the full name of the tyrone senior football county trophy?

two county managers, two different divisions, same surname, who are they?

NO GOOGLING!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: leenie on February 21, 2009, 11:51:42 PM
here are some of the questions that feature in tyrone scor sinsear this yr in the 1st and 2 nd rounds

what is the highest peak in the sperrin mountains?
                                           mourne mountains? Slieve Donard
                                           magillicuddy mountains?

who won the tommy murphy cup in 2008? Antrim
who won the mccarthy cup 2008? Kilkenny
who won the mckenna cup 2009? Donegal

who said "Let my character and my motives repose in obscurity and peace, till other times and other men can do them justice. Then shall my character be vindicated; then may my epitaph be written."? RObert Emmet

During the troubles where was the first r.u.c officer killed? need specific area not town? Andersontown?

a civil rights group was founded on 9 October 1968, at Queen's University Belfast, known as the P.D'S,, what does p.d stand for? People's Democracy

a civil rights march including the p.d's between Belfast and Derry starting on 1 January 1969, The march was repeatedly attached but where did most violent incidences occur? Burntollet

To be sure he was born in Ireland, but being born in a stable does not make a man a horse. who is this statement attributed too?  Wilde?

what river flows through waterford? Suir
                                  galway? Corrib
                                  cork? Lee

what is the full name of the tyrone senior football county trophy?

two county managers, two different divisions, same surname, who are they? McEnaney

NO GOOGLING!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

leenie

not bad tam

2 wrong though,

anderstown and wilde are wrong!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

the green man

Quote from: leenie on February 21, 2009, 11:51:42 PM

what is the highest peak in the sperrin mountains?                     Saul
                                           mourne mountains?                   Donard
                                           magillicuddy mountains?             Karen  Tohill  (cousin o Anthonys)

who won the tommy murphy cup in 2008?                              Antrim
who won the mccarthy cup 2008?                                          Kilkenny
who won the mckenna cup 2009?                                          Donegal

who said "Let my character and my motives repose in obscurity and peace, till other times and other men can do them justice. Then shall my character be vindicated; then may my epitaph be written."?        Robert Emmet

During the troubles where was the first r.u.c officer killed? need specific area not town?   S. RMAGH

a civil rights group was founded on 9 October 1968, at Queen's University Belfast, known as the P.D'S,, what does p.d stand for? Peoples Democracy
a civil rights march including the p.d's between Belfast and Derry starting on 1 January 1969, The march was repeatedly attached but where did most violent incidences occur?  Burntollet Bridge

To be sure he was born in Ireland, but being born in a stable does not make a man a horse. who is this statement attributed too?

what river flows through waterford?
                                  galway? Corrib
                                  cork?   Lee

what is the full name of the tyrone senior football county trophy?  O'Neill Cup

two county managers, two different divisions, same surname, who are they?

NO GOOGLING!

muppet

Not Wilde......Wellington. Swine

Q.

What are respectively the most Northerly, Westerly, Southerly and Easterly States in the USA?

MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

The managers are Jason Ryan and Glenn Ryan, Wexford and Longford

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: muppet on February 22, 2009, 12:15:51 AM

Q.

What are respectively the most Northerly, Westerly, Southerly and Easterly States in the USA?

Hawaii would be westerly and southerly, Alaska northerly, Maine easterly

the green man

Q.

Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, Maine

the green man

The largest volcano known to man is situated where?

muppet

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 22, 2009, 12:18:16 AM

Q.

Hawaii would be westerly and southerly, Alaska northerly, Maine easterly

1 wrong.
MWWSI 2017