The last confession of Alexander Pearce.

Started by Puckoon, February 20, 2009, 08:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7897678.stm

New film being screened in Ireland has just finished shooting in Tasmania. Tells the tale of an irish criminal who was deported to Van Diemens land, and escaped only to survive in the wilds by eating his fellow escapees.

Seems like it would be a good watch, with Adrain Dunbar in the cast also.

So, if you were stuck - would you do it?

Pints would probably need his buddies to be very well done, if he wasnt the first one eaten.

pintsofguinness

Id rather die than eat another person.

What did he want with six pair of shoes?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

FermPundit

I saw this on RTE over Christmas. Ciaran McMenamin, from Enniskillen, plays the role of Alexander Pearce. Given that Pearce was a Fermanagh man, McMenamin was a suitable choice for the role!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Donagh

Quote from: Puckoon on February 20, 2009, 08:24:40 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7897678.stm

New film being screened in Ireland has just finished shooting in Tasmania. Tells the tale of an irish criminal who was deported to Van Diemens land, and escaped only to survive in the wilds by eating his fellow escapees.

Not so new - was on RTE last year.

Puckoon

gawa316

My brothers mate produced this, haven't seen it yet, lookin forwrad to it

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

The question is...if you were in the situation, would you kill and eat another human being?

Puckoon

I suppose Id have to. Although surely if you can kill or eat the humans, you have the abiity to kill or eat the animals in the area?

gawa316

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 20, 2009, 09:24:56 PM
The question is...if you were in the situation, would you kill and eat another human being?

Don't know what way i would react to the situation but i would like to think I would never kill another person. If the situation was something like the film Alive, where they were already dead and frozen, I think i might to survive

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on February 20, 2009, 09:29:21 PM
I suppose Id have to. Although surely if you can kill or eat the humans, you have the abiity to kill or eat the animals in the area?
I knew you would.

I wouldnt, Id rather die, dont think I could even eat someone that was already dead. 

Puckoon

So you'd both just die of starvation? Jesus - easy seeing you two arent the precursers of the human race. Survival  of the fittest is also called survival of the quickest to kill and eat his neighbour in times of starvation.