Connacht U-21 Championship 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, February 20, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azzurri

What the fcuk is goin on with venues? ??? ???

They advertised tomorrows Roscommon Longford game for Athleague when if fact it is fixed for Hyde Park.

McHale park would be some craic myself next week!!!

StoneWall

The Mayo V Galway game is on in Charlestown on Saturday at 2:30pm...

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/240-01.html

furboot

looks like Charlestown is confirmed for saturday - it's on http://www.clubmayo.ie/ this morning as well

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: StoneWall on March 10, 2009, 09:01:47 AM
The Mayo V Galway game is on in Charlestown on Saturday at 2:30pm...

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/240-01.html

Are you guys sure this is going ahead?

I dont think there has been any official email about the fixture from the county board....

Also Club Mayo Dublin reckon:
"It would appear that McHale Park will not be ready to host games in the short term so U21 v Galway on Saturday next will be in Charlestown and looks like NFL game v Dublin may be switched to Ballina"

RedandGreenSniper

Saturday, Charlestown, 2.30pm throw-in, Mayo v Galway, 100% nailed on fixture
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

From what I m hearing the Dublin match will be in Ballina. Still coming to terms with the display and loss to Derry there. A dreadful, unacceptable performance imo. Things have looked up since and I would nt expect to be turned over there again. If we are ........

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: moysider on March 12, 2009, 12:20:37 AM

From what I m hearing the Dublin match will be in Ballina. Still coming to terms with the display and loss to Derry there. A dreadful, unacceptable performance imo. Things have looked up since and I would nt expect to be turned over there again. If we are ........

Feeney intimated as much in this week's Mayo News. There's now a doubt over McHale Park being ready for championship :o

Looking forward to the Under 21 game now. There was a lot of players from the 2006 and 2007 minors (especially 07) who didn't come into the public consciousness because they didn't go as far as the 08 or 05 crews but it doesn't mean that they haven't as much to offer. I hear Lee Keegan is going very well in training. A minor in 07 who we didn't see more of because of rugby, he'll probably be centre-half back the next day. He has serious potential.
Also looking forward to seing how strong the likes of Vaughan, Parsons, Sweeney, McLoughlin etc are at their own level.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Saw this team on the HoganStand (I know, I know... I clicked on it by accident...  ;)  :P )

1 Robert Henelly (Breaffy)
2 Michael Gallagher (Achill)
3 Kevin Keane (Westport)
4 Kevin Mc Loughlin (Knockmore)
5 Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
6 Lee Keegan (Westport)
7 Sean Prendergast (Claremorris)
8 Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
9 Brian Gallagher (Claremorris)
10 Cathal Carolan (Crossmollina)
11 Aiden O'Shea (Breaffy)
12 Cathal Freeman (Aughamore)
13 Neil Douglas (Castlebar)
14 Jason Doherty (Burrishrule)
15 Mikey Sweeney (Kiltane)

Can anyone confirm it?

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team apparently. Missing a few through injury I think.

Faherty
Reilly
Finnegan
Reilly
Hands
O'Donnell
Lee
O'Brian
Conroy
Martin
Greaney
Healy
Ryan
Kavanagh
Coady

galwayman

Having seen the Galway team announced I honestly think we could be in for a bit of a hiding.
No Colin Forde,Eoin Concannon,Tomas Fahy,Conor Doherty,Justin Burke,Damien Reddington etc.
The forward line doesn't have many scorers at all.If Martin is held then the other lads I don't think have what it takes to step up to the mark. It must be the physically weakest full forward line ever fielded at county level by us. Ryan,Kavanagh and Coady are all tiny.I don't think you can get away with playing 3 very small lads together in a full forward line.
Ryan is the only 1 of the 3 to have played minor championship for Galway before. The other 2 lads never made the starting 15 - so it's hard to know how they will go.
That in itself doesn't mean a whole lot though I suppose as lads like Nicky Joyce and Derry O'Brien who won u-21 All-Irelands with Galway also never played minor.

From memory I think just 5 of the starting team started the All-Ireland minor final 2 years ago - O'Reilly,Conroy,Martin,Greaney and Ryan.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on March 13, 2009, 05:58:32 PM
Having seen the Galway team announced I honestly think we could be in for a bit of a hiding.
No Colin Forde,Eoin Concannon,Tomas Fahy,Conor Doherty,Justin Burke,Damien Reddington etc.
The forward line doesn't have many scorers at all.If Martin is held then the other lads I don't think have what it takes to step up to the mark. It must be the physically weakest full forward line ever fielded at county level by us. Ryan,Kavanagh and Coady are all tiny.I don't think you can get away with playing 3 very small lads together in a full forward line.
Ryan is the only 1 of the 3 to have played minor championship for Galway before. The other 2 lads never made the starting 15 - so it's hard to know how they will go.
That in itself doesn't mean a whole lot though I suppose as lads like Nicky Joyce and Derry O'Brien who won u-21 All-Irelands with Galway also never played minor.

From memory I think just 5 of the starting team started the All-Ireland minor final 2 years ago - O'Reilly,Conroy,Martin,Greaney and Ryan.

Yeah that full-forward line does look very small and slight alright. Nice tidy skillful footballers but unless they get good quality ball then they are unlikely to win too many 50/50's.

The spine of the team missing arguably with Forde, Fahy and Concannon all out. Plus it being an away game I'd say they are up against it.

mayo51

mayo 1.04  galway 0.04 ht. mike swenny scored goal

mayo51

mayo 1.04  galway 0.05  10 min into 2ind half  galway playing with wind