Verbal Abuse To Opponets Should Merit a Yellow Card.

Started by MOJO, February 16, 2009, 09:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Abuse To Opponets Should Merit a Yellow Card.

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

MOJO

As an add on to the existing changes, it must surely by inevitable that the GAA will introduce a rule that will punish those players who continue to issue verbal thrash to opposing players. Considering what currently merits a yellow, I think this offence offers a greater threat to the manner in which our games are played and perceived (See Front Page of Today's Irish News) and needs addressed accordingly. Anyone in agreement?

tyronefan

if theres much more added on we will soon be playing 7 a side

ONeill

I'd go one step further and yellow card nasty thoughts or threatening looks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Or in possession of an ugly girlfiend?

Mojo, why dont you add a poll to this thread?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyHarp

I say send people off for using bad language and if any player has ever lied to their parents - then they should be given an immediate 3 game ban!
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Quote5.16 To threaten/use abusive or provocative language/gestures to an opponent

It is currently a 'black card' offence!

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on February 17, 2009, 01:17:15 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 17, 2009, 01:11:40 AM
Quote5.16 To threaten/use abusive or provocative language/gestures to an opponent

It is currently a 'black card' offence!
That'd be hard to police.

We could get in this crew... probably better than any team of referees we could assemble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYwFk-XrKCI

cornafean

Quote from: Jinxy on February 17, 2009, 01:02:08 AM
Having a beard should merit a yellow card.

Believe it or not, on Des Cahill's RTE radio show last night, Ray Silke cited Joe McMahon's beard as a factor in the intimidation of Tommy Walsh in last year's AIF  ;D
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

under the bar

Pointing at the number on the back of your jersey 'soccer style' after scoring a goal should merit at least a yellow to go with the fact everyone in the ground thinks you are a complete tool.

BennyHarp

Quote from: cornafean on February 17, 2009, 09:22:14 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 17, 2009, 01:02:08 AM
Having a beard should merit a yellow card.

Believe it or not, on Des Cahill's RTE radio show last night, Ray Silke cited Joe McMahon's beard as a factor in the intimidation of Tommy Walsh in last year's AIF  ;D

;D i heard that! Very funny! He also said that giving verbals to an opponent was a new thing in the GAA! Football in the West must be very timid!
That was never a square ball!!

Billys Boots

QuoteRay Silke

Are there no boundaries to this clown's stupidity?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AN other

I don't think this notion deserves the ridicule it has received here. There's little worse than watching the "In your face" verbals. Take the Dublin players against Laois a couple of years ago. Not many people would have been opposed to them receiving yellow cards for that.

cornafean

Quote from: AN other on February 17, 2009, 01:32:53 PM
There's little worse than watching the "In your face" verbals. Take the Dublin players against Laois a couple of years ago. Not many people would have been opposed to them receiving yellow cards for that.

Indeed, but for every case of such "In your face" stuff, there are probably a dozen where a player surreptitiously whispers "your sister's a hoor" and suchlike to their opponent. How do you legislate against that.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

heffo

Quote from: cornafean on February 17, 2009, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: AN other on February 17, 2009, 01:32:53 PM
There's little worse than watching the "In your face" verbals. Take the Dublin players against Laois a couple of years ago. Not many people would have been opposed to them receiving yellow cards for that.

Indeed, but for every case of such "In your face" stuff, there are probably a dozen where a player surreptitiously whispers "your sister's a hoor" and suchlike to their opponent. How do you legislate against that.

Only thing you can do is do is slyly and overtly and don't get caught on camera doing it. If caught dismiss it as 'not helpful' or 'handbags'