Babhta 3 Tyrone V Galway Saturday 7th March 2009

Started by rrhf, February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 03, 2009, 01:45:26 PM
What's the latest with Kieran Fitzgerald Galway folk? Will he be starting this one?

His shoulder injury wasn't as bad as first thought apparently but not sure if he'll make this game.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sláínte GBB, you do have the four Corofin lads availble though, which gives you more starting options.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Duine Eile

The Corofin lads are back training this week alright but don't think they're being considered for selection on Saturday. That's according to Galway Bay FM today anyway.

Fuzzman

It would be nice to get a look at Mulgrew again alright as he's been out of the fold for a while now.
He seems to be a bit like Colm Calvanagh & Peter Donnelly where he plays well for his college but so far can't seem to bring it to the next level.

I think Harte will stick with Justy at FB but I think our 2 corner backs so far this year haven't played that well & against Galway forwards this needs to be addressed
I'd like to see PJ in one corner with I suppose McGee or is Gourley back fit again.

I think Cassidy needs more match time at MF and we should use the whole league to bring him up to the level required for the summer as he seems to run out of steam in most matches so far.

Is it this game on telly?

longball

Yes i think it is on TV. THOU Was chatting to a member of the Tyrone panel at the weekend and he said don't be suprised if MH looks about pulling all Tyrone games off the telly after what has happened with mcMenamin- as he said if it wasnt on TV there wouldnt have been a suspension
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

SidelineKick

Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 12:20:43 PM
Yes i think it is on TV. THOU Was chatting to a member of the Tyrone panel at the weekend and he said don't be suprised if MH looks about pulling all Tyrone games off the telly after what has happened with mcMenamin- as he said if it wasnt on TV there wouldnt have been a suspension

Some chance of that happening.

As I said before if we can't use cameras to stamp out these things then when can we expect to stamp them out?  Its unfortunate that some teams will get more coverage than others but its a good start to getting players into the mindset that they can't behave like thugs and expect to get away with it.

Same as playing a club league match, you can pull and haul at your man all you want, hit him off the ball, stand on his feet, but come championship time there will be neutral linesmen and umpires meaning you will not get away with it.  Therefore it is more beneficial to get your mindset right from the start.  The cameras thing is similar to this.  Any team thinking they will progress to a bigger stage where it will be televised needs to be used to being in the mindset of not acting like this.

Its a start, it has its flaws yes, but it needs to be done.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Fuzzman

The neutral linesmen and umpires didn't seem to make much difference at that Armagh v Laois game.

Anyways think we've had enough of that chat on other threads so do we expect another Tyrone v Galway cracker.
Is it just a NFL final this year or do the Top 4 play off in semis first?

Any more word on injuries?

GaillimhIarthair

The Burke cousins, Damien and Alan, will be the only members of the Corofin contingent available to Galway manager Liam Sammon for Saturday's NFL trip to Tyrone.

Corofin were knocked out of the All-Ireland club championship by Kilmacud Crokes last Saturday week, but only two of their players will be available for the Healy Park clash. Michael Comer is a long-term absentee with a cruciate ligament injury, while the versatile Gary Sice is ruled out with an infection.

And while the shoulder injury sustained by Kieran Fitzgerald against Kilmacud isn't as serious as first thought, he will not play any part against Mickey Harte's charges.

Duine Eile

Galway Team to play Tyrone

1 Adrian Faherty   
2 Niall Coyne   
3 Finian Hanley   
4 Declan Meehan   
5 Garreth Bradshaw   
6 Diarmuid Blake   
7 Darren Mullahy   
8 Joe Bergin   
9 Mark Lydon   
10 Sean Armstrong   
11 Padraic Joyce   
12 Cormac Bane   
13 Paul Conroy   
14 Michael Meehan   
15 Nicky Joyce

One change, Nicky Joyce is fit again, so Mark Lydon moves to midfield with Gary O'Donnell dropping to the bench. Barry Cullinane is back from suspension, was surprised not to see him starting.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Strong looking Galway line-up there Duine Eile, we'll have our hands full with the forwards.

Duine Eile

Strong looking line up on paper alright, think Dec Meehan will probably be replaced by Fitzy when he's back to full fitness though, maybe Damien or Alan Burke for Coyne. I'd be a bit worried about Dec Meehan in the corner, our wing backs have a tendency to go forward a bit too much and mid field is still a problem area for us. Hard to know how this one will go. It should give us a bit of an indication of how much progress we have made so far, it's hard to know just how much to read into the Dublin result but Saturday night should tell a story. Has the makings of a good game anyway. Any word on the Tyrone team yet?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Duine Eile on March 04, 2009, 10:19:13 PM
Any word on the Tyrone team yet?

Nothing yet, and won't be anything until tomorrow night.

Should be a good one on Saturday.

Redhandfan

The fecking forecast is not looking too good....more rain on the way for both Friday and Saturday.  A heavy pitch at Healy Park means we are unlikely to see a repeat of those classic league semi-final clashes from a few years ago. 

Right, Mickey, here's the team you pick for Saturday night:

J Devine, PJ Quinn, Justin McMahon, M McGee, D Harte, C Gormley, M Swift, E McGinley, A Cassidy, T McGuigan, C McCullagh, C Cavanagh, G Devlin, S Cavanagh, O Mulligan

On a slightly different note, I cannot understand the logic in making the stand all-ticket for this Saturday night.  I don't think we will see an overly big crowd for this one, especially if the weather is poor.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Redhandfan on March 04, 2009, 11:34:31 PM
On a slightly different note, I cannot understand the logic in making the stand all-ticket for this Saturday night.  I don't think we will see an overly big crowd for this one, especially if the weather is poor.

I'd wonder if it's as spin-off from (or side-effect of) the season tickets RHF, where that has to be administered regardless, with the issuing of those specific tickets as a necessity?

Redhandfan

I suppose that is one possible reason for it, Fear, but would still not justify putting clubs to all that bother of administering tickets for a small number of their members.  It is obvious that people don't want the hassle of pre-ordering tickets for a NFL match at this time of year.  Tyrone v Kerry attracted well over 10,000 to Omagh a couple of weeks ago but the stand was only three quarters full.  I have no doubt there will be plenty of spare seats this Saturday night as well.  And another thing.....the feckers don't even allow you to access the stand when entering Healy Park from the scoreboard end.