Babhta 3 Tyrone V Galway Saturday 7th March 2009

Started by rrhf, February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: hardstation on February 25, 2009, 12:28:57 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 25, 2009, 12:06:24 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 24, 2009, 11:47:12 PM
I think the Block might struggle on Meehan or Armstrong.
I think it'd be more important to shackle Joyce effectively, he pulls a lot of the strings for that unit.
I agree. The most cynical man still playing the game should be watched closely. Dirty fecker.
I wouldn't consider Conor Gormley to be a very cynical player HS  ;)

Duine Eile

Quote from: hardstation on February 25, 2009, 12:28:57 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 25, 2009, 12:06:24 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 24, 2009, 11:47:12 PM
I think the Block might struggle on Meehan or Armstrong.
I think it'd be more important to shackle Joyce effectively, he pulls a lot of the strings for that unit.
I agree. The most cynical man still playing the game should be watched closely. Dirty fecker.

That's a bold statement Hardstation, care to elaborate?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Its always hard to know with you if your joking! If's it not out this time next week I'll stick that back up.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Without turning this thread into a twisting match has anyone heard how Riceys hearing went tonight? He's going to miss this match no matter what. Gourley will soon/is back training but this match will be too soon. Is Carlin back at the end of March? Two decent options although hard to know if either will force their way back into the 1st 15.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on February 26, 2009, 10:37:42 PM
Jaysus my head's away completely.

And ya threw mine too ya fecker!

Mightn't know about Ricey until the morning it seems.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

BBC suggests that Dominic McCaughey will get the news in an email tomorrow morning.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Puckoon

Phillip jordan is unavailable ("away" according to Mickey Harte) for the Galway game.

Duine Eile

You shouldn't believe everything you read young lad, ;) Padraic Joyce is not a cynical player, with his talent he doesn't need to be.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Duine Eile on February 28, 2009, 11:22:22 PM
Padraic Joyce is not a cynical player, with his talent he doesn't need to be.

Couldn't agree more, just hope we shackle him enough on Saturday next!  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

What's the latest with Kieran Fitzgerald Galway folk? Will he be starting this one?

Fuzzman

From the BBC website - McGuigan returns to club action

All Ireland champions Tyrone have been given a major boost with the news that Brian McGuigan returned to competitive action at the weekend.
McGuigan has been plagued with injury in recent seasons and he underwent an ankle operation after Tyrone's All-Ireland triumph last September.
The forward came on for Ardboe in the second half of Saturday's Ulster Club League encounter against Derrylin.
McGuigan went on to score a goal in a comprehensive Ardboe victory.
Mickey Harte's Tyrone side face four National League games this month and while McGuigan is unlikely to be involved against Galway this weekend, he could be back in the county jersey before the end of March.

Philip Jordan (holidays) and Joe McMahon (injury) are also unavailable for Saturday's game at Healy Park while Ryan McMenamin will be ruled out by suspension.
In addition, Brian Dooher and Stephen O'Neill will be missing because of injury.
Dooher said on Monday that his recovery following groin surgery has been "very slow".  
The Tyrone captain was speaking after it was announced that he will be one of four grand marshals at this year's St Patrick's Day in Dublin.
"I have a month or two yet. That's about the height of it. It's hard to know yet and there's no point in putting a date on it," said Dooher.
"It's not really slowed than expected because nobody really knew what to expect.
"It's just day by day, week by week and whenever I get strong enough to get fully back I'll be back."

Dooher will be joined as one of the four St Patrick's Day marshals by Kilkenny hurler Henry Shefflin and Cork's All-Ireland winning ladies football and camogie captains Angela Walsh and Caitriona Foley.
The decision to ask the GAA stars to undertake the St Patrick's Day role is to acknowledge the GAA's 125th anniversary celebrations.
Dooher described the announcement as a "huge honour for Tyrone and the GAA".

Anyone know what's wrong with Joe?
Is this game on TV?

longball

Any1 fair to guess the team?
i think
JD, Quinn, Gormley, McGee, Harte, Justin, Swift, Hub, McGinley, McGugian, Cavanagh, Mulgrew, McCuallagh, Cassidy, Mulligan
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0