Group Text Messages

Started by robertemmet, February 10, 2009, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertemmet

What company does your college/county/club use for sending out group texts to players?

muppet

http://www.clickatell.com/

Pretty useful and easy to use. They do bulk deals as well.
MWWSI 2017

AidyMac

anyone use that teamer.net?

They have some testimonials, but not sure if they are any good

youbetterbelieveit

Yep I know a few clubs that use it and it has got a good reference. The cost is charged on the person replying and not the sender, sp at least it spreads out the cost over the panel who are been texted, instead on one individual.

SidelineKick

We have about 6 groups. A message is sent to each group leader who then sends it to the 5 or 6 in his group. Worked thus far!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

mylestheslasher

Do you have to pay for these services?

I just use my O2 online texting account. I can set up groups on that and I have 200 or so free online texts per month.

screenexile

I would have used my own message allowance before and it never usualy cost me.

Started to use that Teamer yoke and it seems to be fine so far. They also give you your own website address to access notices and updates for the team. Going to use it more often I think.

Our Nail Loney

Why not just get a sim with unlimited texts??

???

stpauls

we use GaelSport which includes use of a domain name and their content management servers for our website, and includes a text bundle as well that can be sent from the website to whatever groups have been set up.

StGallsGAA

Is there a free version of this type of mass mailing?

There used to be a website that you could send free texts limited to 25 per day.  Can't recall the domain name tho!

midLouth

I think the GAA are setting up something for this on the national strategic plan for the 125th celebrations.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: muppet on February 10, 2009, 11:45:04 AM
http://www.clickatell.com/

Pretty useful and easy to use. They do bulk deals as well.

Also using Clickatell.

Treasurer

Anyone using gaatext.ie? 32 euro incl vat for 1,000 messages (versus 120 for 2,000 on gaa's own system).

rootthemout

using teamer and find it very good,

cooki2222

plus if u have internet access u can give ur reply via teamer.net which is handy