Which is worse for me - a pint of Guinness or a Pint of Coke?

Started by Caid, February 09, 2009, 10:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: rosnarun on February 10, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Quote from: AFS on February 10, 2009, 12:36:56 AM
5 or 6 pints of coke would give you serious chest palpitations.

You didn't consider the caffeine content of coke at all.
point though as made vbefore you would not drink eight pints of coke. not more than once any way.
and it wont give you liver problem or cause you to go home and beat your wife nor after a long spell of drinking compell you to drink even more till you find your self in a drying out clinic broken and broke other than that stout is fine
I think that's more the person than the drink - I've been hammered plenty of times and it has never caused me to beat anybody!

Larry Duff

Quote from: rosnarun on February 10, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
point though as made vbefore you would not drink eight pints of coke. not more than once any way.
and it wont give you liver problem or cause you to go home and beat your wife nor after a long spell of drinking compell you to drink even more till you find your self in a drying out clinic broken and broke other than that stout is fine

Depends what she's been doing while you were out ;D

ziggysego

Alcohol doesn't make you hit your wife or girlfriend. Just an excused used by men when they have done.
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

brokencrossbar1

I remember being in Lacey's niteclub after winning a match.  One of the lads I was with didn't drink and had been matching us with Lucozade all night.  We had 9-10 pints so he would have had the same in bottles of Luco.  He didn't sleep for two days and was actually taken into casualty the next day because of stomach pains.  He said the next nite we were out if he was going to get sick he may as well drink, the fecker became an alco!!!

aontroim

I had 3 pints of Guinness last night and my friend who was driving had 3 Cokes - i left the pub feeling better than he did. Therefore........................

....................she's a witch.....burn her!

FermPundit

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 10, 2009, 01:47:03 AM
196 Calories in a pint of Guiness

approximetely 233 calories in a pint of coke.

I'm always surprised when I hear this stat.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

RedandGreenSniper

Once in my life did I drink copious amounts of coke when 'off' the beer. We were on Clare Island for a Friday overnighter with work and I had a match the following evening. Clare Island being Clare Island the pub was open til 6am so I had to keep drinking the coke to stay awake cos the craic was mighty but sin sceal eile. Long story short woke up the following day sick as f**k and could hardly do the warm-up. Ended up being brought to casualty after a bad collision in the match and getting seven stiches in my forehead! :-[

If I'm off the beer normally I'd go with sparkling water in a pint glass with loads of ice and a dash of orange or blackcurrant. Its actually lovely ;D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rosnarun

Quote from: ziggysego on February 10, 2009, 12:24:42 PM
Alcohol doesn't make you hit your wife or girlfriend. Just an excused used by men when they have done.
its a case of though 90% of drinkers dont beat their wives but 90% of wife beater drink
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rosnarun on February 10, 2009, 10:33:18 PM
its a case of though 90% of drinkers dont beat their wives but 90% of wife beater drink
Was listening to radio 1 earlier and they were running an article on how statistically a man in his 20's is as likely to be a victim of domestic abuse at the hands of a woman as the other way around.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 10, 2009, 10:46:23 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on February 10, 2009, 10:33:18 PM
Was listening to radio 1 earlier and they were running an article on how statistically a man in his 20's is as likely to be a victim of domestic abuse at the hands of a woman as the other way around.

Are they mucksavvi not getting the roide? ;) :D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tony Baloney

Time of the month I'd say. Fellas has cigarettes stubbed out on them by their birds, marble chopping boards smashed over their heads, stabbed with scissors, ran over by a car, spat on etc. Sound like lovely ladies.