Doíre -v- An Iarmhí, Baile na Scríne, 15.02.2009

Started by screenexile, February 09, 2009, 01:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Another big game for us on our home patch and a win here could mean we ensure our safety fairly quickly. Qill more than likely be a tough game though and Screen's pitch isn't in the best condition although Westmeath are coming off the back of a home defeat to Galway so we should be looking to rub salt in the wounds.

Are Westmeath missing many players? We're still a few down but the lads that have come in can do a job and I believe Paddy Bradley is starting to get his fitness back so things are on the way up. Should hopefully be a decent match.

Spirit of 94

Quote from: screenexile on February 09, 2009, 01:10:11 PM
Another big game for us on our hoe patch and a win here could mean we ensure our safety fairly quickly. Qill more than likely be a tough game though and Screen's pitch isn't in the best condition although Westmeath are coming off the back of a home defeat to Galway so we should be looking to rub salt in the wounds.

Are Westmeath missing many players? We're still a few down but the lads that have come in can do a job and I believe Paddy Bradley is starting to get his fitness back so things are on the way up. Should hopefully be a decent match.

That's what we call it too. :D

Sonny Joe

Screen will be in some shape :D :D If Derry win this game it should take alot of the pressure off. Even better if we can avoid relegation with so many players not in the frame as of yet.Westmeath will be very hard to beat with the defensive game they play, if its the same as the one i watched against Tyrone in the championship last year, alot of men behind the ball. I expect to see a couple of more new players get a run out.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

lynchbhoy

Another big game for us on our hoe patch and a win here could mean we ensure our safety fairly quickly. Qill more than likely be a tough game though and Screen's pitch isn't in the best condition although Westmeath are coming off the back of a home defeat to Galway so we should be looking to rub salt in the wounds.

think the ladies team will have a few quiet words and a couple of loud thumps come next training session SE !
:D

screenexile

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 09, 2009, 02:18:39 PM

think the ladies team will have a few quiet words and a couple of loud thumps come next training session SE !

MOUTHS!

Drumanee 1

Quote from: screenexile on February 09, 2009, 02:19:48 PM

MOUTHS!

what shape is your patch in?mucky by any chance?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 09, 2009, 02:24:08 PM

MOUTHS!

soft to yielding, disaster in places??  :P

screenexile

MOUTHS!

Not really sure but it hasn't had a match or anything on it since Derry v Jtown in the McKenna Cup so it can't be too bad but there has been a lot of rain/snow since so you never know what way it'll be. I'll be up this evening and I'll check it out to give a better idea of it. Getting a decent pitch surface is the next thing on the agenda for the club as far as I am aware. Bit overdue really as we haven't had it resurfaced in about 10 years now.

Croí na hÉireann

I don't suppose there's floodlights in Baile na Scríne and that the game's moved to the Saturday night??? Otherwise may have to miss this as there's a day out in Croker on the cards for Sun.

Westmeath will probably be missing a few players alright, hopefully Duffy is fit to start and the rest of the lads have kicked the last of the flu. See John Connellan scored 8 points against the Biffos on Sat in the U21 so would hope to see him added to the panel for the weekend...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Drumanee 1

Quote from: screenexile on February 09, 2009, 03:49:29 PM

MOUTHS!

Not really sure but it hasn't had a match or anything on it since Derry v Jtown in the McKenna Cup so it can't be too bad but there has been a lot of rain/snow since so you never know what way it'll be. I'll be up this evening and I'll check it out to give a better idea of it. Getting a decent pitch surface is the next thing on the agenda for the club as far as I am aware. Bit overdue really as we haven't had it resurfaced in about 10 years now.

a jesus screen i would on the wind up :D,nothing i like as much is a dirty patch :D

screenexile

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 09, 2009, 04:16:16 PM
I don't suppose there's floodlights in Baile na Scríne and that the game's moved to the Saturday night??? Otherwise may have to miss this as there's a day out in Croker on the cards for Sun.

Westmeath will probably be missing a few players alright, hopefully Duffy is fit to start and the rest of the lads have kicked the last of the flu. See John Connellan scored 8 points against the Biffos on Sat in the U21 so would hope to see him added to the panel for the weekend...

We do but they're on our practice pitch which could only accomodate a few supporters so no chance of the game being moved at all I imagine.

Croí na hÉireann

That puts that notion to bed, thanks screen. Any chance of a neutral summarisation of the game on Sun???  :P

screenexile

Good job you pit a smilie in there because there is little chance of that happening. Dunno if I'll be able to or not as I'll be stewarding the game and God knows where I could be put! I'll give it a go for you anyway.

Croí na hÉireann

Estimator

Quote from: screenexile on February 09, 2009, 05:38:24 PM
Good job you pit a smilie in there because there is little chance of that happening. Dunno if I'll be able to or not as I'll be stewarding the game and God knows where I could be put! I'll give it a go for you anyway.

A man of your standing in the club, can surely wangle a pitch side stewarding position!
Ulster League Champions 2009