Jimmy Bogan RIP

Started by witnof, February 08, 2009, 04:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witnof

A great servant of Dublin Hurling, managed every Dublin team from underage up.

Anywhere there was a hurling match you would see Jimmy.

A true servant of the game, and sad to see him go the day before Dublin beat Cork in Hurling

RIP

Bud Wiser

Can you PM the arrangements if you know.
Didn't know Jimmy was that ill, or at least he never said to me other than a small complaint a few months ago.  Jimmy was a real good friend of mine and I was only talking to him not so long ago on his perch at The Market's where a two minute chat lasted for half an hour.  I lived on Shandon Road back in learly 70's and Jimmy lived two doors down.  I am not just saying this because of his passing but we have lost one of the nicest persons one could ever meet, a really really nice man who would help anyone and everybody which he spent a lot of time doing.  R.I.P.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

witnof

If I hear will let you know.

True Gentlemen alright, really nice guy, and God did he love his hurling.

theoriginalmup

It is with great regret that we learned yesterday of the death of our friend and club member Jim Boggan.

Jim's life revolved around the GAA, in which he participated at both Club and County level. He was such an integral part of the club for over 50 years that his loss will be immeasurable.

While he held many positions in the club, he will best be remembered for his great love of hurling, and his encouragement of generations of young people in Crumlin to take up the game.

Arrangements for his funeral will be posted on this site as soon as they are available.

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam dilis.

Last updated: Sunday, Fenruary 8th, 2008.

taken from Crumlin GAA Website

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Declan

Sad to hear that. My own father often spoke of him and his love for all things hurling

INDIANA

RIP- an absolute gent of Dublin hurling

BanagusOir

theoriginalmup

Jim's remains will be removed from Tallaght hospital this evening, and will arrive in Crumlin GAA Club at 7.00pm to remain overnight. All of his friends in the GAA community are welcome to to the club to pay their respects during this time.

The funeral Mass will be held in St Agnes's Chruch Crumlin at 11.00am., followed by burial in the family plot in Taghmon, Co. Wexford