Rent on Croke Park down??

Started by donelli, February 08, 2009, 01:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Even though there was 78k at the rugby game yesterday, there were several empty corporate boxes. The whole side of the canal stand was empth and a few more at the corners of the cusack. Surely a sign that the recession has taken effect on corporate ireland.

I was led to believe that the rugby corporate rental was huge income to croke park over the last 2 years. On yesterdays evidence surely rent reciepts will be well down in this sector.

In addition, the soccer qualifier on wednesday is only expected to get 50k attendnce. The fai will be srcrewed trying to sell much of their corporate packages in landsowne!!

Looks like the croke park management might just put on a few concerts this year to boost the rental income... u2 anyone??

orangeman

78K is a very very good crowd - Landsdowne will only hold 52k or something like that.

Tankie

78k turned up but the game was fully sold out, not sure where the other 3k were. In regard to the boxes i aint sure how they work. I assume that they are paid for long before a game.

But rent should be fine as it was sold out!
Grand Slam Saturday!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Tankie on February 08, 2009, 02:16:13 PM
78k turned up but the game was fully sold out, not sure where the other 3k were. In regard to the boxes i aint sure how they work. I assume that they are paid for long before a game.

But rent should be fine as it was sold out!

I noticed that yesterday. apparently was a fanatstic game. I found the whole thing very tedious and was this French man siting in front of me with a cockeral hat on which was very annoying. I think reason I was so fed uo was realised I'd been crazy to fork out £81 for a Cusack Stand ticket. i've more money than sense and i have little money. also people shouting Come on Munster-or Come on Ulster... bag o'shite the whole thing.   

Double Cross

Pillar Caffrey was on duty in the Cusack Stand at yesterdays game, great to see him back in Croke Park so soon.  :D

witnof

Quote from: Double Cross on February 08, 2009, 03:10:07 PM
Pillar Caffrey was on duty in the Cusack Stand at yesterdays game, great to see him back in Croke Park so soon.  :D

Shows the importance of Dulbin to the GAA that the cluchies take every chance to take about us. Pure Envy I suppose.

witnof

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 08, 2009, 05:21:38 PM
Quote from: witnof on February 08, 2009, 04:26:39 PM
Quote from: Double Cross on February 08, 2009, 03:10:07 PM

Shows the importance of Dulbin to the GAA that the cluchies take every chance to take about us. Pure Envy I suppose.

This shows the level of education of some Dubs!

Maybe, but why spend some much time talking about us or referring to us if we are irrelevant?

magickingdom

there were plenty tickets available around tralee for yesterdays game which i found very surprising. guess when LR is finished the irfu will not now need to come back to CP. the only two games likely to need it were france and england

witnof

Quote from: magickingdom on February 08, 2009, 06:32:19 PM
there were plenty tickets available around tralee for yesterdays game which i found very surprising. guess when LR is finished the irfu will not now need to come back to CP. the only two games likely to need it were france and england

Not only do they not need but they can't! They sold the Corporate Boxes in LR based on ALL Irish rugby internationals so if they go over to Croker they have no right to them or the Premium level. So you may hear some bluster in the future about them needing Croker but fundementally they can never.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: donelli on February 08, 2009, 01:35:26 PM
Even though there was 78k at the rugby game yesterday, there were several empty corporate boxes. The whole side of the canal stand was empth and a few more at the corners of the cusack. Surely a sign that the recession has taken effect on corporate ireland.

Some of the empty corporate boxes were rented by companies who going wallop in the current financial meltdown.
You'll see a lot of the boxes with missing sponsorship signs now.
I think the most obvious missing ones are firms that were involved in the construction boom/pyramid scheme of the last few years.

time ticking away

with regard to the corporate boxes the IRFU hire croke park, boxes and all. Any company who has paid the gaa for a box for ten years cannot use their tickets for the rugby. Therefore the empty boxes would be income that the IRFU missed out on. Companies who have boxes though, do have first refusal for any rugby games should thay wish to pay for them
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Gnevin

Quote from: magickingdom on February 08, 2009, 06:32:19 PM

Must of been a Kerry thing Croker was all but full on Saturday .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.